Fijivillage
NEWS SPORTS

Less schools at this year’s Coke Games in comparison to 2019

Less schools at this year’s Coke Games in comparison to 2019

By Naveel Krishant
Monday 12/04/2021
[image credit: Coca-Cola Games 2019]

The number of schools that will participate in this year’s Coca-Cola Games has decreased when compared to 2019.

Fiji Secondary Schools Athletics Association Secretary Vuli Waqa says in 2019 they had about 120 schools.

Waqa says no schools from Macuata Zone 1 will be taking part while only 6 schools from Macuata Zone 2 are expected to feature.

RKS and ACS are the defending champions of the boys and girls divisions respectively.

More than 2,500 athletes are expected to feature at the Coke Games that will be held from the 22nd to the 24th of this month at the ANZ Stadium.

Meanwhile, the Permanent Secretary for Health, Dr. James Fong says they have received the application from the organizers of the Coca-Cola Games to increase the seating capacity at the ANZ Stadium from 50% to 86%.

Dr.Fong says the application is under consideration however he cannot say when a decision is expected.

The committee made the application on Friday.

Stay tuned for the latest news on our radio stations

CFL radio frequencies
IN DEPTH
Health Ministry continues to trace, screen and test all contacts of current COVID-19 cases in Fiji
Contact tracing continues for the potential super spreader event which is a funeral at Peceliema Church in Tavakubu. Mon 19th Apr Tue 20th ...
6 days ago

COVID-19 vaccination rollout in Fiji
Prime Minister Voreqe Bainimarama says he is getting vaccinated because it is what we all must do to defeat this pandemic once and for ...
20 days ago

Coca Cola Games 2021
Coca-Cola Games will depend on the approval from the Health and Education ...
22 days ago
FEATURE NEWS
Foreign reserves increase to $2.777 billion
Fiji’s foreign reserves have increased to $2.777 billion at the end of April, compared to $2.179 billion in February. The Reserve Bank of Fiji sa...
3 hours ago
LATEST NEWS
‘It stinks’: NSW Health Minister slams media for identifying Sydney COVID patient
NSW Health authorities have slammed media outlets for identifying the man at the centre of Sydney’s latest coronavirus outbreak. Asked about the ...
53 minutes ago

More villages step up COVID-19 protection measures
Many villagers are taking drastic steps to protect their families and community from the COVID-19 virus. Buca Village Headman, Kitione Rawalai ...
3 hours ago

No long lines at supermarkets this morning
There are less people at supermarkets today compared to last week. We saw no long lines of people outside the major supermarkets in Suva between ...
3 hours ago

Ministry of Education disappointed by comments made by Ro Teimumu
The Ministry of Education says they are disappointed by comments made by Ro Teimumu Kepa in a Fiji Times article about the learning schedule for ...
3 hours ago

Plan to remain where you are for the foreseeable future – Dr Fong
Permanent Secretary for Health Doctor James Fong says everyone should plan to remain where they are for the foreseeable future. He says as he made ...
3 hours ago

TOP