Fijivillage
22 February, 2026, 6:03 pm
Central - 28°C Rain
22 February, 2026, 6:03 pm Central - 28°C Rain

What’s next for the Prince and Princess of Wales?

What’s next for the Prince and Princess of Wales?

By Alipate Narawa
17/03/2024
Photo:Tatler

The Prince and Princess of Wales are reportedly “shaken and devastated” by the speculation about their marriage circulating, and plan to address Catherine’s health issues on Prince Louis’ birthday next month.

Catherine has been mostly out of sight since she underwent an abdominal procedure on January 16, the details of which have been kept under wraps aside from the Palace's clarification that her condition was non-cancerous.

They said at the time she would not return to public duties until after Easter.

Last week, to mark Mother’s Day in the UK, the couple’s official Instagram account posted a photo of Kate and her three children - Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis.

But four of the world's biggest news photo agencies issued a “kill notice” hours after picking it up, warning media outlets to not use the first official photo of the Princess of Wales because it "appears that the source has manipulated the image".

The Princess of Wales issued a public apology on Monday over the "confusion" her editing skills have caused, admitting she altered the image to some degree but failing to exaggerate on what exactly was edited.

"Like many amateur photographers, I do occasionally experiment with editing," the royal said, singing off the message with “C“, suggested it came directly from her.

The fallout led to a slew of conspiracy theories, ranging from the idea that Kate was superimposed from her British Vogue cover more than 10 years ago, to the fact the leaves on the trees in the background suggest the photo was taken last autumn.

In the image Kate did not appear to be wearing her wedding ring, causing a tide of chatter about the couple’s relationship.

However, the Daily Mail said on Sunday that it’s expected they will uphold the tradition of releasing a new photograph to celebrate their children’s birthdays - next up being Prince Louis turning six on April 23.

FEATURE NEWS
Recommendations to President tomorrow on matters relating to FICAC
After an urgent meeting this afternoon, the Judicial Services Commission will be making certain recommendations to the President tomorrow  following ...
12 minutes ago
LATEST NEWS
Modi calls for human-centric AI at Global Summit in New Delhi
Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi has called for Artificial Intelligence to remain human-centric and focused on global good while addressing world ...
51 minutes ago

Over 51 pets desexed at Nadovu Park as animals Fiji and partners step up animal welfare efforts
Over 51 desexing surgeries were carried out yesterday at Nadovu Park in Lautoka with support from Animals Fiji, the Lautoka City Council, and the ...
54 minutes ago

Teen dies from suspected Leptospirosis as Health Ministry urges caution
Members of the public are advised by the Ministry of Health and Medical Services to take immediate precautions against leptospirosis following a ...
3 hours ago

FMA raises serious concerns regarding Charters' arrest and Sports Council
The Fiji Media Association is deeply concerned with today’s developments involving Charlie Charters, who was earlier stopped at Nadi International ...
4 hours ago

Charters still in FICAC custody
There is still no official word from FICAC on why Fijian national, Charlie Charters has been takencustody.fijivillage News understands Charters will ...
4 hours ago



Stay tuned for the latest news on our radio stations

CFL radio frequencies
IN DEPTH
Charlie Charters held at Nadi Airport because of a FICAC flag on his file
Fijian national, Charlie Charters is being held at immigration at Nadi International Airport because of a FICAC flag on his file.fijivillage News has ...
4 hours ago

Minister ready to repay business class air fare for wife as concerns grow about Sports Council deals
I was invited to travel to New Zealand by the Fiji Sports Council for a grassroots 7s tournament in 2024, I travelled business class but it was ...
16 days ago

Malimali and others filed for judicial review into COI
The application for leave for the judicial review has been made by former FICAC Commissioner Barbara Malimali, former Attorney General Graham Leung ...
16 days ago

TOP