Fijivillage
20 February, 2026, 6:23 pm
Central - 25°C Rain
20 February, 2026, 6:23 pm Central - 25°C Rain

Tom Ford cancels New York Fashion Week show because of Covid-19

Tom Ford cancels New York Fashion Week show because of Covid-19

By fijivillage
26/01/2022
[photo: bloomberg]

Designer Tom Ford has made the decision to cancel his Autumn/Winter 2022 show — which had been scheduled for 8 pm on Feb. 16, the last day of New York Fashion Week — citing recent Covid-19 outbreaks in his Los Angeles design studio and atelier, as well as factory shutdowns in Italy.

Images from the collection will now be released at a later date, announced in the coming weeks. 

Ford, who is also the chairman of the Council of Fashion Designers of America (CFDA), said in a statement. “We have struggled internally over the past month with many of our staff out with Covid in our design studio and atelier in Los Angeles as well as in our factories in Italy.

We have tried everything possible to avoid canceling our New York show but ultimately are faced with the sad fact that we will simply not have a completed collection in time....” In mid-January, the CFDA released its preliminary “American Collections” calendar with a relatively full slate and the caveat that things were likely to change as Omicron variant continued to spread.

While Omicron has already peaked in New York City, staffing concerns remain.

FEATURE NEWS
PM says allegations against Acting FICAC Commissioner have to be investigated
Prime Minister, Sitiveni Rabuka says the allegations of nepotism against the Acting FICAC Commissioner, Lavi Rokoika have to be investigated, and the ...
1 hour ago
LATEST NEWS
Rabuka to meet Sports Minister over Fiji Sports Council concerns
Prime Minister Sitiveni Rabuka confirms he will meet Sports Minister Jese Saukuru today in relation to the Fiji Sports Council issues. The issues ...
1 hour ago

Electricity restored in Central and Western divisions after 132kV circuit fault
Electricity has been fully restored across the Central and Western Divisions following a fault on the 132kV Wailoa–Cunningham Circuit.Energy Fiji ...
1 hour ago

Police yet to respond if they will appeal Vakarisi's suspended sentence
Police are yet to confirm whether they will appeal Jone Vakarisi's three months sentence, suspended for two years.Vakarisi was earlier found guilty ...
1 hour ago

Severe Thunderstorm Warning in force for parts of Viti Levu
A Severe Thunderstorm Warning for Heavy Rain is now in force for the northeastern and interior parts of Viti Levu from Ba through Rakiraki to ...
3 hours ago

Vuibereta to take plea in High Court over alleged bail breaches
Lui Bale Vuibureta, also known as XKON, is set to take his plea in the Suva High Court on the 6th of next month.Vuibureta appeared before Justice ...
3 hours ago



Stay tuned for the latest news on our radio stations

CFL radio frequencies
IN DEPTH
Minister ready to repay business class air fare for wife as concerns grow about Sports Council deals
I was invited to travel to New Zealand by the Fiji Sports Council for a grassroots 7s tournament in 2024, I travelled business class but it was ...
14 days ago

Malimali and others filed for judicial review into COI
The application for leave for the judicial review has been made by former FICAC Commissioner Barbara Malimali, former Attorney General Graham Leung ...
14 days ago

Malimali’s legal battle against President, PM and AG
Another legal battle starts today as sacked FICAC Commissioner, Barbara Malimali takes her matter to court against the President, Prime Minister and ...
15 days ago

TOP