Fijivillage
19 February, 2026, 6:57 am
Central - 25°C Clouds
19 February, 2026, 6:57 am Central - 25°C Clouds

Prasad finally gets home ownership offer letter after 20 yrs of living in Narere PRB Estate

Prasad finally gets home ownership offer letter after 20 yrs of living in Narere PRB Estate

By Mosese Raqio
17/05/2025
Vishnu Prasad
After more than 20 years of living in the Narere PRB Estate, Vishnu Prasad was all smiles as he became an official homeowner after receiving his offer letter from the Public Rental Board yesterday.

While speaking to fijivillage News, Prasad says this is something that they have been waiting for a long time, and he is thankful to the coalition government for making this happen.

He says this is a blessing for him and his family to finally be given this gift, which he says is a gift from heaven.

Prasad and 46 other families were handed their offer letters yesterday, giving them the opportunity to purchase their own lots at highly subsidised and affordable prices.

Prasad says most of these families have been living in this area for more than 30 years, and to receive their offer letters yesterday, they felt that their prayers had been heard.

While officiating at the event, Minister for Housing Maciu Nalumisa says this is God’s time for these families, as it has been a long-awaited moment for them.
FEATURE NEWS
Bainimarama and Qiliho charged with inciting mutiny
Former Prime Minister, Voreqe Bainimarama and former Police Commissioner, Sitiveni Qiliho have been charged with inciting mutiny, and will spend the n...
2 hours ago
LATEST NEWS
Rokobua Naiyaga is new Chairperson of the Higher Education Commission Fiji
Minister for Education, Aseri Radrodro in consultation with the Prime Minister, has appointed Rokobua Naiyaga as the new Chairperson of the Higher ...
10 minutes ago

Ramadan to start tomorrow
The moon for Ramadan has not been sighted, and the Fiji Muslim League confirms fasting will now begin this tomorrow.Speaking to fijivillage News, ...
2 hours ago

Ramadan to start this Friday
The moon for Ramadan has not been sighted, and the Fiji Muslim League confirms fasting will now begin this Friday. Speaking to fijivillage News, ...
9 hours ago

Six students questioned over Galoa bullying case
Six students have been questioned and released by police following an alleged bullying incident in Galoa Village, Serua. Police confirm that ...
12 hours ago

Waqanika and Bainivalu pleased with discussions; JSC to meet again on 25 March
Following a meeting with the Judicial Services Commission, chaired by Chief Justice Salesi Temo, the counsel of sacked FICAC Commissioner, Barbara ...
12 hours ago



Stay tuned for the latest news on our radio stations

CFL radio frequencies
IN DEPTH
Minister ready to repay business class air fare for wife as concerns grow about Sports Council deals
I was invited to travel to New Zealand by the Fiji Sports Council for a grassroots 7s tournament in 2024, I travelled business class but it was ...
13 days ago

Malimali and others filed for judicial review into COI
The application for leave for the judicial review has been made by former FICAC Commissioner Barbara Malimali, former Attorney General Graham Leung ...
13 days ago

Malimali’s legal battle against President, PM and AG
Another legal battle starts today as sacked FICAC Commissioner, Barbara Malimali takes her matter to court against the President, Prime Minister and ...
14 days ago

TOP