Fijivillage
22 February, 2026, 10:36 pm
Central - 25°C Clouds
22 February, 2026, 10:36 pm Central - 25°C Clouds

Police probe bomb threat against Wellington mosque

Police probe bomb threat against Wellington mosque

By Rashika Kumar
25/10/2025
Photo : Newstalk ZB

Police are investigating a bomb threat against the Kilbirnie Masjid that was received on Thursday.

The mosque has suspended all activities while the investigation is carried out.

According to the Wellington Islamic Centre, the threat was based on an online platform and had specified the exact address of the Kilbirnie Masjid.

They say all the other mosques and Islamic centres in Wellington have been advised of the threat.

The Federation of the Islamic Associations of New Zealand advocacy chairman Abdur Razzaq told the Herald the mosque regularly receives threats.

Razzaq said the police response had been amazing.

Nureddin Abdurahman, a Southern Ward councillor for Wellington City Council, says he had received an email from FIANZ informing him of the threat.

He says they are taking necessary precautions.

Police told the Herald there is no immediate known threat to the community.

Source : newstalk.co.nz

FEATURE NEWS
Please listen and protect whistleblowers - Vanessa Charters
Please listen and protect the whistleblowers.That is the message to the people of Fiji from Charlie Charters' wife, Vanessa Charters outside the FICAC...
30 minutes ago
LATEST NEWS
Modi calls for human-centric AI at Global Summit in New Delhi
Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi has called for Artificial Intelligence to remain human-centric and focused on global good while addressing world ...
5 hours ago

Over 51 pets desexed at Nadovu Park as animals Fiji and partners step up animal welfare efforts
Over 51 desexing surgeries were carried out yesterday at Nadovu Park in Lautoka with support from Animals Fiji, the Lautoka City Council, and the ...
5 hours ago

Teen dies from suspected Leptospirosis as Health Ministry urges caution
Members of the public are advised by the Ministry of Health and Medical Services to take immediate precautions against leptospirosis following a ...
8 hours ago

FMA raises serious concerns regarding Charters' arrest and Sports Council
The Fiji Media Association is deeply concerned with today’s developments involving Charlie Charters, who was earlier stopped at Nadi International ...
8 hours ago

Charters still in FICAC custody
There is still no official word from FICAC on why Fijian national, Charlie Charters has been takencustody.fijivillage News understands Charters will ...
8 hours ago



Stay tuned for the latest news on our radio stations

CFL radio frequencies
IN DEPTH
Charlie Charters held at Nadi Airport because of a FICAC flag on his file
Fijian national, Charlie Charters is being held at immigration at Nadi International Airport because of a FICAC flag on his file.fijivillage News has ...
8 hours ago

Minister ready to repay business class air fare for wife as concerns grow about Sports Council deals
I was invited to travel to New Zealand by the Fiji Sports Council for a grassroots 7s tournament in 2024, I travelled business class but it was ...
16 days ago

Malimali and others filed for judicial review into COI
The application for leave for the judicial review has been made by former FICAC Commissioner Barbara Malimali, former Attorney General Graham Leung ...
17 days ago

TOP