Fijivillage
19 February, 2026, 6:38 am
Central - 25°C Clouds
19 February, 2026, 6:38 am Central - 25°C Clouds

DPP files for restraining order on the bank account of Tallat Rahman who was jailed for importing meth from Mexico into NZ

DPP files for restraining order on the bank account of Tallat Rahman who was jailed for importing meth from Mexico into NZ

By Naveel Krishant
27/10/2020

High Court Judge, Justice Lyone Seneviratne will deliver his ruling on the 24th of next month in the case where the Director of Public Prosecutions has filed a restraining order on the $75,101.99 which is in the bank account of Tallat Rahman who was jailed for importing methamphetamine from Mexico into New Zealand.

60-year-old Rahman from Suva who had pleaded guilty to four charges of importing methamphetamine from Mexico into New Zealand after being identified in Operation Nova, a covert investigation targeting members of the Comancheros and their associates, has been sentenced to 16 years imprisonment by the Auckland District Court.

Rahman’s son Joshua Aziz Rahman was allegedly found with $31 million worth of cocaine in Caubati in February last year.

The DPP’s Office says they believe the money in the bank account is from proceeds of crime.

They have also indicated that they will be filing for forfeiture.

However, the lawyer for Tallat and Joshua Rahman, Ashneil Nadan has told the court that the money in the account is from the sale of the estate of Tallat’s late father.

Nadan also said that they intend to use the money for the legal costs of Joshua Aziz Rahman.

Click here for stories on the Drugs Situation in Fiji

FEATURE NEWS
Bainimarama and Qiliho charged with inciting mutiny
Former Prime Minister, Voreqe Bainimarama and former Police Commissioner, Sitiveni Qiliho have been charged with inciting mutiny, and will spend the n...
1 hour ago
LATEST NEWS
Ramadan to start tomorrow
The moon for Ramadan has not been sighted, and the Fiji Muslim League confirms fasting will now begin this tomorrow.Speaking to fijivillage News, ...
2 hours ago

Ramadan to start this Friday
The moon for Ramadan has not been sighted, and the Fiji Muslim League confirms fasting will now begin this Friday. Speaking to fijivillage News, ...
8 hours ago

Six students questioned over Galoa bullying case
Six students have been questioned and released by police following an alleged bullying incident in Galoa Village, Serua. Police confirm that ...
11 hours ago

Waqanika and Bainivalu pleased with discussions; JSC to meet again on 25 March
Following a meeting with the Judicial Services Commission, chaired by Chief Justice Salesi Temo, the counsel of sacked FICAC Commissioner, Barbara ...
11 hours ago

Bainimarama and Qiliho charged with inciting mutiny
Bainimarama and Qiliho charged with inciting mutinyFormer Prime Minister, Voreqe Bainimarama and former Police Commissioner, Sitiveni Qiliho have ...
12 hours ago



Stay tuned for the latest news on our radio stations

CFL radio frequencies
IN DEPTH
Minister ready to repay business class air fare for wife as concerns grow about Sports Council deals
I was invited to travel to New Zealand by the Fiji Sports Council for a grassroots 7s tournament in 2024, I travelled business class but it was ...
13 days ago

Malimali and others filed for judicial review into COI
The application for leave for the judicial review has been made by former FICAC Commissioner Barbara Malimali, former Attorney General Graham Leung ...
13 days ago

Malimali’s legal battle against President, PM and AG
Another legal battle starts today as sacked FICAC Commissioner, Barbara Malimali takes her matter to court against the President, Prime Minister and ...
14 days ago

TOP