Fijivillage
18 February, 2026, 8:10 pm
Central - 25°C Rain
18 February, 2026, 8:10 pm Central - 25°C Rain
DPP

16-yr-old boy allegedly rapes his 13-yr-old cousin, 15-yr-old boy allegedly rapes a 10-yr-old girl
12 charged with 26 counts of sexual offences in December, including 3 teenagers and a Police Officer - ODPP

16-yr-old boy allegedly rapes his 13-yr-old cousin, 15-yr-old boy allegedly rapes a 10-yr-old girl

12 charged with 26 counts of sexual offences in December, including 3 teenagers and a Police Officer - ODPP

By Iliana Biutu
06/01/2025

A 16-year-old boy was charged with the rape of his 13-year-old cousin while in another incident, a 15-year-old boy was charged with the rape of a 10-year-old girl from his village in December, last year.

The Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions says there were twelve people charged with a total of 26 counts of sexual offences in December.

They say 17 counts of sexual offences include rape and one attempted rape, abduction with intent to commit rape two, indecent assault one, and sexual assault five.

The ODPP says of the 12 accused persons, three were below the age of 18 and one was a police officer.

They say 11 victims of whom 8 victims were under the age of 18 years.

They add there was one male and 10 female victims.

DPP also highlighted seven incidents where the victims and the accused were related to one another.

They says one incident where a 13-year-old boy was charged with the sexual assault of a 6-year-old girl, however, this matter was discontinued due to insufficient evidence.

A 29-year-old police officer was charged with the rape of his 28-year-old wife.

DPP says a 56-year-old man was charged with four counts of rape, one count of indecent assault and one count of sexual assault of his 16-year-old stepdaughter. They say an 18-year-old man was charged with the rape of his 9-year-old stepsister while in another incident, a 20-year-old man was charged with five counts of rape and two counts of sexual assault of his 14-year-old stepsister.

A 34-year-old man and a 27-year-old man were charged with the rape and abduction with intent to commit rape of a 21-year-old woman.

The accused persons were the victim’s uncle and cousin, however, this matter was discontinued due to insufficient evidence.

A 45-year-old man was charged with the rape of his 19-year-old sister-in-law.

A 47-year-old man was charged with the attempted rape and sexual assault of an 11-year-old boy.

A 22-year-old man was charged with the abduction with intent to commit rape of a 17-year-old girl where the accused with the victim were in a relationship at the time of the incident.

Two cases were withdrawn after discontinuances were filed due to inconsistent and insufficient evidence.

FEATURE NEWS
Bainimarama and Qiliho charged with inciting mutiny
Former Prime Minister, Voreqe Bainimarama and former Police Commissioner, Sitiveni Qiliho have been charged with inciting mutiny, and will spend the n...
1 hour ago
LATEST NEWS
Six students questioned over Galoa bullying case
Six students have been questioned and released by police following an alleged bullying incident in Galoa Village, Serua. Police confirm that ...
51 minutes ago

Waqanika and Bainivalu pleased with discussions; JSC to meet again on 25 March
Following a meeting with the Judicial Services Commission, chaired by Chief Justice Salesi Temo, the counsel of sacked FICAC Commissioner, Barbara ...
55 minutes ago

Bainimarama and Qiliho charged with inciting mutiny
Bainimarama and Qiliho charged with inciting mutinyFormer Prime Minister, Voreqe Bainimarama and former Police Commissioner, Sitiveni Qiliho have ...
1 hour ago

Ash Wednesday marks a sacred call to spiritual renewal
As the sun shone over the Sacred Heart Cathedral Church, members joined fellow worshippers today to observe Ash Wednesday, marking the beginning of ...
2 hours ago

Father claims police assault turned his world into a nightmare
A father already deeply concerned with worry for his hospitalised wife and his Year 2 son says his world turned into a nightmare when he was ...
2 hours ago



Stay tuned for the latest news on our radio stations

CFL radio frequencies
IN DEPTH
Minister ready to repay business class air fare for wife as concerns grow about Sports Council deals
I was invited to travel to New Zealand by the Fiji Sports Council for a grassroots 7s tournament in 2024, I travelled business class but it was ...
12 days ago

Malimali and others filed for judicial review into COI
The application for leave for the judicial review has been made by former FICAC Commissioner Barbara Malimali, former Attorney General Graham Leung ...
12 days ago

Malimali’s legal battle against President, PM and AG
Another legal battle starts today as sacked FICAC Commissioner, Barbara Malimali takes her matter to court against the President, Prime Minister and ...
13 days ago

TOP