Fijivillage
20 February, 2026, 2:22 pm
Central - 29°C Rain
20 February, 2026, 2:22 pm Central - 29°C Rain

Marvel unveils first trailer for ‘Wonder Man’ starring Yahya Abdul-Mateen II

Marvel unveils first trailer for ‘Wonder Man’ starring Yahya Abdul-Mateen II

By Alipate Narawa
12/10/2025

The first official trailer for Marvel’s new TV series, Wonder Man, has finally arrived.

The new footage debuted during the Marvel Television and Marvel Animation panel at New York Comic Con on Saturday.

“I’m very, very excited to be a part of the MCU. I think we’re really gonna tear it up,” Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, who stars as Simon Williams/Wonder Man, said while joined onstage by costar Ben Kingsley.

The trailer shows Abdul-Mateen’s Simon, a working actor, learning that an old project called Wonder Man is being rebooted by a renowned and reclusive filmmaker named Von Kovak and is auditioning actors to play the titular character.

“I was born to play this character,” he says.

Simon is shown hyping himself up and doing vocal exercises in a trailer before his audition. He’s seen chatting with fellow actor Trevor Slattery (Kingsley), who’s also vying for the role.

Kingsley made his MCU debut in Iron Man 3 as Trevor, an actor who was hired by the film’s antagonist, Aldrich Killian (Guy Pearce) to pose as the Mandarin, the leader of the terrorist organization known as the Ten Rings. Kingsley returned as Trevor in the 2021 film Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings.

One of the casting directors references Trevor’s history in the MCU, telling another person that they’re “pretty sure he used to be a terrorist.”

The trailer doesn’t reveal much else about the show, but in the comics, Simon has ionic superpowers. He has super strength, durability and the ability to fly. Simon was also a villain to the Avengers but ended up joining the superhero team. In the source material, Simon juggled his acting career with his superhero responsibilities.

In a recent interview with Entertainment Weekly, Brad Winderbaum, the head of Marvel Television and Marvel Animation, said that Wonder Man is different than the studio’s other projects.

“In terms of how meta it is, without getting into details, it is a show that takes place within the MCU, but it’s a story about Hollywood,” he said.

“And it's a story about not just Hollywood, I would say it's a story about acting and the journey of an actor in Hollywood, of having to balance being an artist with making money and very grounded ideas that anyone who came up in Hollywood or in the arts in general can relate to.”

All eight episodes of Wonder Man premiere on Tuesday, January 27, at 9 p.m. EST on Disney+.

[Source: forbes.com]

FEATURE NEWS
Instead of drugs people should dedicate themselves to spiritual development - Dr Maharaj
General Practitioner Dr Rajesh Maharaj says instead of indulging in drugs, alcohol, kava and smoking, people should dedicate themselves to spiritual ...
2 hours ago
LATEST NEWS
Two officers and two civilians remain in custody on drug charges
Two police officers and two civilians who were charged with methamphetamine-related offences allegedly committed last year have been further remanded ...
2 minutes ago

Man allegedly assaulted by Shia LaBeouf in New Orleans wants to see hate crime charges
One of the men whom Shia LaBeouf allegedly battered and insulted with a homophobic slur on Mardi Gras morning in New Orleans on Tuesday, leading to ...
60 minutes ago

Naitasiri murder accused remains in custody pending psychiatric evaluation
The 43-year-old man who allegedly killed 16-year-old Salote Sikiti with a cane knife in Naqali Village, Naitasiri remains remanded in custody after ...
1 hour ago

Nepani Homes progressing, families to move in by mid-year - Magnus
Works at the Nepani Subdivision are advancing, and families allocated homes through the recent barrel draw are expected to begin moving in by ...
1 hour ago

UK High Commissioner launches “No Learner Left Behind” initiative in Fiji
British High Commissioner to Fiji, Kanbar Hossein-Bor, hosted the inaugural stakeholder meeting for the “No Learner Left Behind” initiative, in ...
2 hours ago



Stay tuned for the latest news on our radio stations

CFL radio frequencies
IN DEPTH
Minister ready to repay business class air fare for wife as concerns grow about Sports Council deals
I was invited to travel to New Zealand by the Fiji Sports Council for a grassroots 7s tournament in 2024, I travelled business class but it was ...
14 days ago

Malimali and others filed for judicial review into COI
The application for leave for the judicial review has been made by former FICAC Commissioner Barbara Malimali, former Attorney General Graham Leung ...
14 days ago

Malimali’s legal battle against President, PM and AG
Another legal battle starts today as sacked FICAC Commissioner, Barbara Malimali takes her matter to court against the President, Prime Minister and ...
15 days ago

TOP