Fijivillage
20 February, 2026, 3:46 pm
Central - 29°C Rain
20 February, 2026, 3:46 pm Central - 29°C Rain

Jones confident Wallabies can still win RWC despite two losses in Rugby Championship

Jones confident Wallabies can still win RWC despite two losses in Rugby Championship

By Mosese Raqio
18/07/2023
[Image: stuff.co.nz]

Despite registering two consecutive losses in the Rugby Championship over the last two weeks, Wallabies head coach Eddie Jones is still confident that his side can still win the Rugby World Cup later this year.

With one more game left to play, Jones now has a daunting task of trying to register at least one win before they head to France for the RWC and it surely will not be an easy one as it will be against the All Blacks.

Jones says at the moment, it seems like they are miles away from where they need to be but all this is only going to make the team harder and more hungry to get things right.

He adds they are a team that needs to change and they know that which is why he has the job of coaching the Wallabies.

Earlier this week, Jones had mentioned that they can beat the All Blacks in their upcoming Bledisloe Cup clash next week.

He says they have enough time to turn things around in this one week break and has warned the All Blacks to look out.

Meanwhile, captain James Slipper says with their performances like that from the previous two games, they will not go far at the RWC.

The Wallabies will host the All Blacks in Melbourne at 9.45pm next Saturday.

In another Rugby Championship clash, South Africa will host Argentina at 3.05am next Sunday.


DateTimeTeamTeam

FNRL
FEATURE NEWS
Instead of drugs people should dedicate themselves to spiritual development - Dr Maharaj
General Practitioner Dr Rajesh Maharaj says instead of indulging in drugs, alcohol, kava and smoking, people should dedicate themselves to spiritual ...
4 hours ago
LATEST NEWS
Severe Thunderstorm Warning in force for parts of Viti Levu
A Severe Thunderstorm Warning for Heavy Rain is now in force for the northeastern and interior parts of Viti Levu from Ba through Rakiraki to ...
6 minutes ago

Vuibereta to take plea in High Court over alleged bail breaches
Lui Bale Vuibureta, also known as XKON, is set to take his plea in the Suva High Court on the 6th of next month.Vuibureta appeared before Justice ...
17 minutes ago

2 officers and two civilians remain in custody on meth related offences
Two police officers and two civilians who were charged with methamphetamine-related offences allegedly committed last year have been further remanded ...
18 minutes ago

Man allegedly assaulted by Shia LaBeouf in New Orleans wants to see hate crime charges
One of the men whom Shia LaBeouf allegedly battered and insulted with a homophobic slur on Mardi Gras morning in New Orleans on Tuesday, leading to ...
2 hours ago

Naitasiri murder accused remains in custody pending psychiatric evaluation
The 43-year-old man who allegedly killed 16-year-old Salote Sikiti with a cane knife in Naqali Village, Naitasiri remains remanded in custody after ...
3 hours ago



Stay tuned for the latest news on our radio stations

CFL radio frequencies
IN DEPTH
Minister ready to repay business class air fare for wife as concerns grow about Sports Council deals
I was invited to travel to New Zealand by the Fiji Sports Council for a grassroots 7s tournament in 2024, I travelled business class but it was ...
14 days ago

Malimali and others filed for judicial review into COI
The application for leave for the judicial review has been made by former FICAC Commissioner Barbara Malimali, former Attorney General Graham Leung ...
14 days ago

Malimali’s legal battle against President, PM and AG
Another legal battle starts today as sacked FICAC Commissioner, Barbara Malimali takes her matter to court against the President, Prime Minister and ...
15 days ago

TOP