Fijivillage
19 February, 2026, 7:58 am
Central - 23°C Clouds
19 February, 2026, 7:58 am Central - 23°C Clouds

FNPF’s phases two, four and the Voluntary members relief COVID-19 Unemployment assistance will reopen next Monday and is only available to members with sufficient General Account balance

FNPF’s phases two, four and the Voluntary members relief COVID-19 Unemployment assistance will reopen next Monday and is only available to members with sufficient General Account balance

By Naveel Krishant
03/08/2021
Acting CEO, Viliame Vodonaivalu

The Fiji National Provident Fund COVID-19 Unemployment assistance will reopen next Monday for the continuation of Phases two, four and the Voluntary members relief and the new rounds will only be available to members with sufficient General Account balance.

The Acting CEO, Viliame Vodonaivalu says the relief will only assist those who meet the criteria and could fully self-fund from their General Account balances.

Vodonaivalu says as announced in the National Budget address, members will only be able to access the FNPF relief if they meet the minimum General Account balance requirement, which is $755 for the next rounds of the Fund’s COVID-19 relief.

He says those who do not qualify, are advised to seek Government assistance directly.

Vodonaivalu adds it is important to note that Government has been fully and partially subsidizing thousands of members in the previous rounds of phases two and three and this shift to a direct approach on Government’s part, is an extension of the relief they had been providing since April 2020.

He says the Government assistance is also available for members who have sufficient General Account balance (minimum $755) but would rather not withdraw their retirement savings adding this is a good initiative by Government as an alternative for members who are conscious of the importance of maintaining their savings with the Fund.

Vodonaivalu says these members can opt for either the FNPF COVID-19 relief or the Government Unemployment benefit, but they cannot apply for both.

He further says similar to the Government’s unemployment assistance, the Fund will also disburse payments in two installments over a six-month period.

Meanwhile, the Fund has also revised its existing Small Account full withdrawal to allow members with a total FNPF balance of $10,000 or less, to fully withdraw their funds if they have been unemployed for 12 months or more.

The Fund says currently, the withdrawal ceiling for Small Accounts, which will now be known as the Low Balance Account Withdrawal, is $5,000 for members between 50 to 54 years old.

FEATURE NEWS
Bainimarama and Qiliho charged with inciting mutiny
Former Prime Minister, Voreqe Bainimarama and former Police Commissioner, Sitiveni Qiliho have been charged with inciting mutiny, and spend the night ...
5 minutes ago
LATEST NEWS
Two vehicles involved in head-on collision in Waigasau, Veisari
Two vehicles were involved in a head-on collision in Waigasau, Veisari, last night.When contacted this morning, Police told fijivillage News they are ...
5 minutes ago

Ramadan to start tomorrow
The moon for Ramadan has not been sighted, and the Fiji Muslim League confirms fasting will now begin tomorrow.Speaking to fijivillage News, Mufti ...
18 minutes ago

Rokobua Naiyaga is new Chairperson of the Higher Education Commission Fiji
Minister for Education, Aseri Radrodro in consultation with the Prime Minister, has appointed Rokobua Naiyaga as the new Chairperson of the Higher ...
1 hour ago

Ramadan to start this Friday
The moon for Ramadan has not been sighted, and the Fiji Muslim League confirms fasting will now begin this Friday. Speaking to fijivillage News, ...
10 hours ago

Six students questioned over Galoa bullying case
Six students have been questioned and released by police following an alleged bullying incident in Galoa Village, Serua. Police confirm that ...
13 hours ago



Stay tuned for the latest news on our radio stations

CFL radio frequencies
IN DEPTH
Minister ready to repay business class air fare for wife as concerns grow about Sports Council deals
I was invited to travel to New Zealand by the Fiji Sports Council for a grassroots 7s tournament in 2024, I travelled business class but it was ...
13 days ago

Malimali and others filed for judicial review into COI
The application for leave for the judicial review has been made by former FICAC Commissioner Barbara Malimali, former Attorney General Graham Leung ...
13 days ago

Malimali’s legal battle against President, PM and AG
Another legal battle starts today as sacked FICAC Commissioner, Barbara Malimali takes her matter to court against the President, Prime Minister and ...
14 days ago

TOP