Fijivillage
NEWS SPORTS
DPP

DPP’s Office yet to issue statement on Sayed-Khaiyum investigation file

DPP’s Office yet to issue statement on Sayed-Khaiyum investigation file

By Vijay Narayan , Dhanjay Deo
Wednesday 11/11/2020

The Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions is yet to issue a statement in relation to the investigation file of Attorney General, Aiyaz Sayed-Khaiyum which has been forwarded to the DPP’s Office by Police.

Police spokesperson, Ana Naisoro says the file has been sent to the DPP’s Office for sanctioning.

Police had earlier confirmed that a complaint has been lodged against Sayed-Khaiyum at the Totogo Police Station.

According to a statement by the Fiji Indigenous People's Foundation, it was assisting Veronica Malani and her family with the lodging of the complaint that has to do with alleged human rights abuses.

Malani is alleging that Aiyaz Sayed-Khaiyum and his associates organised the making and detonation of home bombs around Viti Levu in order to injure and harm known Fijian targets sympathetic to the interim government, following the coups of May and September, 1987 by Sitiveni Rabuka.

The Force had further said that initial information indicates that three people were charged for those alleged incidents and were subsequently dealt with in court.

Malani who is a former employee of the Land Transport Authority was charged by FICAC earlier this year.

We have sent questions to the Office of the DPP and are awaiting a response.

Stay tuned for the latest news on our radio stations

CFL radio frequencies
IN DEPTH
Health Ministry continues to trace, screen and test all contacts of current COVID-19 cases in Fiji
Contact tracing continues for the potential super spreader event which is a funeral at Peceliema Church in Tavakubu. Mon 19th Apr Tue 20th ...
6 days ago

COVID-19 vaccination rollout in Fiji
Prime Minister Voreqe Bainimarama says he is getting vaccinated because it is what we all must do to defeat this pandemic once and for ...
29 days ago

Coca Cola Games 2021
Coca-Cola Games will depend on the approval from the Health and Education ...
31 days ago
FEATURE NEWS
Suva and Nausori 24 hour curfew lifted
The Suva and Nausori lockdown was lifted at 4 o’clock this morning and the Suva and Nausori separate containment zones are back which means the bord...
10 hours ago
LATEST NEWS
China donates 17 hospital beds to assist with Fiji’s COVID-19 response
China has donated 17 hospital beds worth $25,500 to aid Fiji with its current response to COVID-19. The Fijian government in a statement says this ...
47 minutes ago

Israel prepares for 'intensive night of strikes'
After a temporary pause, Gaza militants have launched more rockets into Israel. BBC News reports a strike on southern Israel has killed two ...
2 hours ago

Doctor Fong says this will not be a 30-day war
Permanent Secretary for Health, Doctor James Fong says it has been 30 days since this year’s first local case of COVID-19, and he is telling people ...
10 hours ago

We have to at least begin the process of putting forward COVID-safe business plans – Dr Fong
Permanent Secretary for Health, Doctor James Fong says we have to at least begin the process of putting forward COVID-safe business plans that manage ...
10 hours ago

False positive case from Labasa had travelled from a containment zone in Viti Levu
Permanent Secretary for Health Dr. James Fong says while the case in Labasa is a false positive, it did turn out there was a movement from a ...
10 hours ago

TOP