Fijivillage
19 February, 2026, 5:30 pm
Central - 27°C Rain
19 February, 2026, 5:30 pm Central - 27°C Rain

Cardi B won't face charges in Las Vegas microphone-throwing incident

Cardi B won't face charges in Las Vegas microphone-throwing incident

By Alifereti Sakiasi
04/08/2023
[Photo: Page Six]

Cardi B is in the clear.

The rapper will not face criminal charges after throwing her microphone at a concertgoer in Las Vegas who had tossed a drink in her face, authorities confirmed to EW on Thursday.

​​"After a thorough review of this case and with the consultation from the Clark County District Attorney's Office, this case has been closed as having insufficient evidence," the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department said in a statement. "No charges will be filed in relation to this case."

The incident took place Saturday during Cardi B's outdoor set at Drai's Beachclub on the Las Vegas Strip.

As captured on multiple fan videos, the rapper was in the midst of performing her hit song "Bodak Yellow" when a concert attendee tossed the contents of their drink on stage, dousing Cardi. In response, Cardi launched her microphone into the crowd, and appeared to make contact. Security guards ushered the concertgoer away, and Cardi eventually resumed her performance.

A day later, a concert attendee filed a police report alleging battery, saying she had been struck by an item thrown from stage. No arrests or citations were issued, and the investigation is now over.

After being notified by authorities that no charges would be filed, Cardi B's lawyers Drew Findling, David Chesnoff, and Richard Schonfeld said in a statement Thursday, "On behalf of Cardi, we appreciate the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department's diligent and prompt resolution of this matter."

Meanwhile, the microphone in question was reportedly put up for auction on eBay by the audio production company that owns it, with the promise that proceeds would be divided between two charities: Friendship Circle Las Vegas, which helps children, teenagers, and young adults with special needs, and Wounded Warrior Project, which provides services to veterans and active duty members of the military.

As of Thursday evening, the current bid was $99,900.

Source: Entertainment Weekly

FEATURE NEWS
EXCLUSIVE : I go to the FICAC office after hours to support my wife - Vakalalabure
Tevita Vakalalabure, lawyer and husband of Acting FICAC Commissioner, Lavi Rokoika, has today confirmed that he goes to his wife's FICAC office when s...
24 minutes ago
LATEST NEWS
Fiji Airways says sexual harassment clause in Employment Bill sets ‘impossible legal standard'
Fiji Airways has warned that the Employment Relations Bill’s requirement for employers to eliminate sexual harassment imposes an unrealistic and ...
22 minutes ago

5 out of 7 people charged in Rewa Street and Flagstaff drug bust case plead not guilty
The Chinese, Federated States of Micronesia, and Fijian nationals charged in three separate Rewa Street and Flagstaff drug bust cases took their ...
2 hours ago

Semo bypass to open from midnight tonight
The bypass along the Queen's Highway at Semo Village will be open to the travelling public from midnight tonight.The Fiji Roads Authority (FRA) says ...
2 hours ago

$2.5B Emerald Bay Project advances with 184 residential lots
The $2.5 billion Emerald Bay Development in Nadawa is progressing well with the development of 184 residential lots as part of its first phase, ...
3 hours ago

Lautoka Central Head Boy advocating for drug-free and responsible living
Lautoka Central College Head Boy, Deevansh Singh is urging students to stay away from drugs and take greater responsibility in protecting the ...
3 hours ago



Stay tuned for the latest news on our radio stations

CFL radio frequencies
IN DEPTH
Minister ready to repay business class air fare for wife as concerns grow about Sports Council deals
I was invited to travel to New Zealand by the Fiji Sports Council for a grassroots 7s tournament in 2024, I travelled business class but it was ...
13 days ago

Malimali and others filed for judicial review into COI
The application for leave for the judicial review has been made by former FICAC Commissioner Barbara Malimali, former Attorney General Graham Leung ...
13 days ago

Malimali’s legal battle against President, PM and AG
Another legal battle starts today as sacked FICAC Commissioner, Barbara Malimali takes her matter to court against the President, Prime Minister and ...
14 days ago

TOP