Fijivillage
20 February, 2026, 5:35 am
Central - 23°C Clouds
20 February, 2026, 5:35 am Central - 23°C Clouds

Caleb Clarke sidelined for up to 8 weeks with injury, Vaa’i to miss third test

Caleb Clarke sidelined for up to 8 weeks with injury, Vaa’i to miss third test

By Alipate Narawa
14/07/2025
[Image: Otago Times]

All Blacks wing Caleb Clarke could be forced to miss the majority of the All Blacks’ Rugby Championship campaign after hurting his ankle during training in Wellington last week.

Clarke was named to start on the wing against France over the weekend, but was later replaced by Rieko Ioane in the number 11 jersey following his injury, with Emoni Narawa starting on the right wing.

All Blacks coach Scott Robertson confirmed in Hamilton that Clarke could be out for probably six to eight weeks.

The All Blacks will play their first two Rugby Championship matches against Argentina in Cordoba and Buenos Aires on August 17 and 24.

They will then return to New Zealand for their next tests against the Springboks in Auckland and Wellington on September 6 and 13.

The All Blacks will play the final championship matches against the Wallabies in Auckland and Perth on September 27 and October 4.

Meanwhile, Robertson will be forced to make one change for the series finale against France after lock-turned-loose forward Tupou Vaa'i was ruled out following his concussion in the win over the French in Wellington.

The All Blacks will take on France at 7.05pm this Saturday at the FMG Stadium in Waikato.

FNRL
FEATURE NEWS
EXCLUSIVE : I go to the FICAC office after hours to support my wife - Vakalalabure
Tevita Vakalalabure, lawyer and husband of Acting FICAC Commissioner, Lavi Rokoika, has today confirmed that he goes to his wife's FICAC office when s...
12 hours ago
LATEST NEWS
Fiji Airways says sexual harassment clause in Employment Bill sets ‘impossible legal standard'
Fiji Airways has warned that the Employment Relations Bill’s requirement for employers to eliminate sexual harassment imposes an unrealistic and ...
12 hours ago

5 out of 7 people charged in Rewa Street and Flagstaff drug bust case plead not guilty
The Chinese, Federated States of Micronesia, and Fijian nationals charged in three separate Rewa Street and Flagstaff drug bust cases took their ...
14 hours ago

Semo bypass to open from midnight tonight
The bypass along the Queen's Highway at Semo Village will be open to the travelling public from midnight tonight.The Fiji Roads Authority (FRA) says ...
15 hours ago

$2.5B Emerald Bay Project advances with 184 residential lots
The $2.5 billion Emerald Bay Development in Nadawa is progressing well with the development of 184 residential lots as part of its first phase, ...
15 hours ago

Lautoka Central Head Boy advocating for drug-free and responsible living
Lautoka Central College Head Boy, Deevansh Singh is urging students to stay away from drugs and take greater responsibility in protecting the ...
15 hours ago



Stay tuned for the latest news on our radio stations

CFL radio frequencies
IN DEPTH
Minister ready to repay business class air fare for wife as concerns grow about Sports Council deals
I was invited to travel to New Zealand by the Fiji Sports Council for a grassroots 7s tournament in 2024, I travelled business class but it was ...
14 days ago

Malimali and others filed for judicial review into COI
The application for leave for the judicial review has been made by former FICAC Commissioner Barbara Malimali, former Attorney General Graham Leung ...
14 days ago

Malimali’s legal battle against President, PM and AG
Another legal battle starts today as sacked FICAC Commissioner, Barbara Malimali takes her matter to court against the President, Prime Minister and ...
15 days ago

TOP