Fijivillage
20 February, 2026, 7:31 am
Central - 25°C Clouds
20 February, 2026, 7:31 am Central - 25°C Clouds

Another man charged for 4kg meth seizure in Nadi and to front court today

Another man charged for 4kg meth seizure in Nadi and to front court today

By Navitalai Naivalurua
22/05/2025

Another man has been charged in relation to the unlawful importation of more than 4 kilograms of methamphetamine seized during a joint operation between the Fiji Police Force and the Fiji Revenue and Customs Service last week.

Police say the 45 year old man is alleged to have colluded with the four men earlier charged with the importation of the illicit substances from a Southeast African nation.

He will appear in the Nadi Magistrates Court today and is charged with one count of unlawful importation of illicit drugs.

Meanwhile, the three men that were produced in court on Monday had their bail denied and their cases have been transferred to the Lautoka High Court.

The cases will be called again on the 2nd of June.

FEATURE NEWS
EXCLUSIVE : I go to the FICAC office after hours to support my wife - Vakalalabure
Tevita Vakalalabure, lawyer and husband of Acting FICAC Commissioner, Lavi Rokoika, has today confirmed that he goes to his wife's FICAC office when s...
14 hours ago
LATEST NEWS
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public office
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor has been arrested at his eastern England home.The UK's Telegraph newspaper says British police had arrived at the ...
56 minutes ago

Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public office
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor has been arrested at his eastern England home.The UK's Telegraph newspaper says British police had arrived at the ...
1 hour ago

Fiji Airways says sexual harassment clause in Employment Bill sets ‘impossible legal standard'
Fiji Airways has warned that the Employment Relations Bill’s requirement for employers to eliminate sexual harassment imposes an unrealistic and ...
14 hours ago

5 out of 7 people charged in Rewa Street and Flagstaff drug bust case plead not guilty
The Chinese, Federated States of Micronesia, and Fijian nationals charged in three separate Rewa Street and Flagstaff drug bust cases took their ...
16 hours ago

Semo bypass to open from midnight tonight
The bypass along the Queen's Highway at Semo Village will be open to the travelling public from midnight tonight.The Fiji Roads Authority (FRA) says ...
16 hours ago



Stay tuned for the latest news on our radio stations

CFL radio frequencies
IN DEPTH
Minister ready to repay business class air fare for wife as concerns grow about Sports Council deals
I was invited to travel to New Zealand by the Fiji Sports Council for a grassroots 7s tournament in 2024, I travelled business class but it was ...
14 days ago

Malimali and others filed for judicial review into COI
The application for leave for the judicial review has been made by former FICAC Commissioner Barbara Malimali, former Attorney General Graham Leung ...
14 days ago

Malimali’s legal battle against President, PM and AG
Another legal battle starts today as sacked FICAC Commissioner, Barbara Malimali takes her matter to court against the President, Prime Minister and ...
15 days ago

TOP