Fijivillage
20 February, 2026, 3:22 pm
Central - 29°C Rain
20 February, 2026, 3:22 pm Central - 29°C Rain

All Blacks Centurion Keven Mealamu runs for major NZR position

All Blacks Centurion Keven Mealamu runs for major NZR position

By Mosese Raqio
11/12/2024
Photo: Rugby365

Two-time World Cup winner and All Black centurion Keven Mealamu is in the running for a position on the New Zealand Rugby Board.

This has been confirmed by the NZR Appointments and Remuneration Panel.

Keven Mealamu, who earned 132 caps for the All Blacks between 2002 and 2015 and captained the side on three occasions, is one of nine candidates confirmed by the NZR Appointments and Remuneration Panel for a position as a Board member.

The new nine-person Board is expected to take office no later than February 1st, 2025, with the existing Board to continue in office in a caretaker role until that date.

The nine candidates are Caren Rangi, Catherine Savage, David Kirk, Doug Jones, Grant Jarrold, Greg Barclay, Keven Mealamu, Julia Raue, Rowena Davenport.

The appointments are now required to be ratified by NZR’s voting members, the 26 Provincial Unions and New Zealand Māori Rugby Board.

The Panel Chair, Rachel Taulelei says they believe they have selected nine exceptional candidates and are confident their recommendations meet constitutional requirements, the requisite skills and needs, and the desire for both continuity and a fresh perspective.

Source: Rugby 365.

FNRL
FEATURE NEWS
Instead of drugs people should dedicate themselves to spiritual development - Dr Maharaj
General Practitioner Dr Rajesh Maharaj says instead of indulging in drugs, alcohol, kava and smoking, people should dedicate themselves to spiritual ...
3 hours ago
LATEST NEWS
2 officers and two civilians remain in custody on meth related offences
Two police officers and two civilians who were charged with methamphetamine-related offences allegedly committed last year have been further remanded ...
14 minutes ago

Man allegedly assaulted by Shia LaBeouf in New Orleans wants to see hate crime charges
One of the men whom Shia LaBeouf allegedly battered and insulted with a homophobic slur on Mardi Gras morning in New Orleans on Tuesday, leading to ...
2 hours ago

Naitasiri murder accused remains in custody pending psychiatric evaluation
The 43-year-old man who allegedly killed 16-year-old Salote Sikiti with a cane knife in Naqali Village, Naitasiri remains remanded in custody after ...
2 hours ago

Nepani Homes progressing, families to move in by mid-year - Magnus
Works at the Nepani Subdivision are advancing, and families allocated homes through the recent barrel draw are expected to begin moving in by ...
2 hours ago

UK High Commissioner launches “No Learner Left Behind” initiative in Fiji
British High Commissioner to Fiji, Kanbar Hossein-Bor, hosted the inaugural stakeholder meeting for the “No Learner Left Behind” initiative, in ...
3 hours ago



Stay tuned for the latest news on our radio stations

CFL radio frequencies
IN DEPTH
Minister ready to repay business class air fare for wife as concerns grow about Sports Council deals
I was invited to travel to New Zealand by the Fiji Sports Council for a grassroots 7s tournament in 2024, I travelled business class but it was ...
14 days ago

Malimali and others filed for judicial review into COI
The application for leave for the judicial review has been made by former FICAC Commissioner Barbara Malimali, former Attorney General Graham Leung ...
14 days ago

Malimali’s legal battle against President, PM and AG
Another legal battle starts today as sacked FICAC Commissioner, Barbara Malimali takes her matter to court against the President, Prime Minister and ...
15 days ago

TOP