Fijivillage
18 February, 2026, 3:10 pm
Central - 30°C Rain
18 February, 2026, 3:10 pm Central - 30°C Rain

$189.6 million paid for COVID-19 withdrawal
Government topped up $80.2 million

$189.6 million paid for COVID-19 withdrawal

Government topped up $80.2 million

By Naveel Krishant
13/01/2021
CEO Jaoji Koroi

The Fiji National Provident Fund says members who have accessed the COVID-19 withdrawal have been paid $189.6 million so far with the Government top-up totalling $80.2 million.

CEO Jaoji Koroi says the first payment for phase three round three has been disbursed today, however, payment for some 4,000 members have been delayed and will be processed today.

Koroi says their teams are doing their best to process these applications which have dropped due to the verification process.

He adds it is very important that members provide correct information such as their bank account details or the correct phone numbers for M-PAiSA payment.

Koroi says failure to do so, leads to unnecessary delays and frustration.

FEATURE NEWS
Bainimarama and Qiliho being questioned at CID Headquarters
Former Prime Minister, Voreqe Bainimarama and former Police Commissioner, Sitiveni Qiliho are currently being questioned at the CID Headquarters.fijiv...
16 minutes ago
LATEST NEWS
Faith Harvest Church trustees want Govt to join Israel charter proceedings
Reverend Manasa Kolivuso and other trustees of Faith Harvest Church who, along with others, have been sued by Fiji Airways for allegedly not paying ...
24 minutes ago

Hearing for Judicial Review of COI set for 10th to 12th April
The hearing for the judicial review into the Commission of Inquiry Report regarding the appointment of Barbara Malimali as FICAC Commissioner will be ...
2 hours ago

Ash Wednesday marks a sacred call to spiritual renewal
As the sun shone over the Sacred Heart Cathedral Church, members joined fellow worshippers today to observe Ash Wednesday, marking the beginning of ...
3 hours ago

Son and mother left homeless after fire in Saru, Lautoka
30-year-old Binitesh Sharma and his 72-year-old mother, Veenat Kumari, are homeless after a fire destroys their two-bedroom home at Saru Back Road in ...
3 hours ago

Free heart checks carried out for 1,487 children at Dilkusha Primary
A total of 1,487 free heart screenings were conducted for children by Shree Sathya Sai Sanjeevani Children’s Hospital Fiji during an outreach ...
5 hours ago



Stay tuned for the latest news on our radio stations

CFL radio frequencies
IN DEPTH
Minister ready to repay business class air fare for wife as concerns grow about Sports Council deals
I was invited to travel to New Zealand by the Fiji Sports Council for a grassroots 7s tournament in 2024, I travelled business class but it was ...
12 days ago

Malimali and others filed for judicial review into COI
The application for leave for the judicial review has been made by former FICAC Commissioner Barbara Malimali, former Attorney General Graham Leung ...
12 days ago

Malimali’s legal battle against President, PM and AG
Another legal battle starts today as sacked FICAC Commissioner, Barbara Malimali takes her matter to court against the President, Prime Minister and ...
13 days ago

TOP