Fijivillage
23 February, 2026, 2:28 am
Central - 25°C Rain
23 February, 2026, 2:28 am Central - 25°C Rain

12-year-old beaten up outside Auckland McDonald's, left covered in blood

12-year-old beaten up outside Auckland McDonald's, left covered in blood

By Alipate Narawa
11/06/2023
[mage: stuf.co.nz]

A Filipino family who recently moved to New Zealand say they don’t feel safe after their 12-year-old was viciously beaten outside an Auckland McDonald's on Saturday.

The young girl was at McDonald's Glenfield with three of her classmates enjoying a meal and laughing in conversation, when two girls at another table “mistakenly” believed they were being laughed at, the girls' sister Rein Crystal said.

One of the girls approached their table, demanding an apology from her sister, assuming they were mocking her.

Crystal said the friend group had finished eating and were leaving, when they noticed the same girl who earlier had approached their table following them.

Crystan says even after her sister apologised, the girl proceeded to physically attack her.

She adds they kicked her in the leg, pinned her to the ground, and repeatedly kicked her in the face and forehead, causing her to bleed.

Crystal says the young girl phoned her mother in tears following the alleged assault saying "mama."

When the family arrived at McDonald's the young girl was bleeding, with “blood scattered everywhere”.

“The bleeding only stopped when we took her to White Cross.

She is currently okay, but her face has sustained damage and swelling,” Crystal said.

She said the family had only moved to New Zealand in August last year, and had “never” experienced incidents like this in the Philippines.

“I don't know if this is a safe place because this is the first time this has happened to our family.

A police spokesperson confirmed they received a report of a serious assault on Kaipatiki Rd at 1.33pm on Saturday but could not confirm whether they were looking for any suspects or whether any arrests had been made.

McDonald's Glenfield did not respond to multiple calls from Stuff.

[Source: stuff.co.nz]

FEATURE NEWS
Please listen and protect whistleblowers - Vanessa Charters
Please listen and protect the whistleblowers.That is the message to the people of Fiji from Charlie Charters' wife, Vanessa Charters outside the FICAC...
4 hours ago
LATEST NEWS
Modi calls for human-centric AI at Global Summit in New Delhi
Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi has called for Artificial Intelligence to remain human-centric and focused on global good while addressing world ...
9 hours ago

Over 51 pets desexed at Nadovu Park as animals Fiji and partners step up animal welfare efforts
Over 51 desexing surgeries were carried out yesterday at Nadovu Park in Lautoka with support from Animals Fiji, the Lautoka City Council, and the ...
9 hours ago

Teen dies from suspected Leptospirosis as Health Ministry urges caution
Members of the public are advised by the Ministry of Health and Medical Services to take immediate precautions against leptospirosis following a ...
12 hours ago

FMA raises serious concerns regarding Charters' arrest and Sports Council
The Fiji Media Association is deeply concerned with today’s developments involving Charlie Charters, who was earlier stopped at Nadi International ...
12 hours ago

Charters still in FICAC custody
There is still no official word from FICAC on why Fijian national, Charlie Charters has been takencustody.fijivillage News understands Charters will ...
12 hours ago



Stay tuned for the latest news on our radio stations

CFL radio frequencies
IN DEPTH
Charlie Charters held at Nadi Airport because of a FICAC flag on his file
Fijian national, Charlie Charters is being held at immigration at Nadi International Airport because of a FICAC flag on his file.fijivillage News has ...
12 hours ago

Minister ready to repay business class air fare for wife as concerns grow about Sports Council deals
I was invited to travel to New Zealand by the Fiji Sports Council for a grassroots 7s tournament in 2024, I travelled business class but it was ...
17 days ago

Malimali and others filed for judicial review into COI
The application for leave for the judicial review has been made by former FICAC Commissioner Barbara Malimali, former Attorney General Graham Leung ...
17 days ago

TOP