Fijivillage
19 February, 2026, 7:09 am
Central - 25°C Clouds
19 February, 2026, 7:09 am Central - 25°C Clouds

113,000 members of FNPF have so far accessed funds of $87 million through FNPF's COVID-19 Withdrawal Scheme
$65 million was members withdrawing funds from their general FNPF accounts while $22 million was topped up by government

113,000 members of FNPF have so far accessed funds of $87 million through FNPF's COVID-19 Withdrawal Scheme

$65 million was members withdrawing funds from their general FNPF accounts while $22 million was topped up by government

By Dhanjay Deo
20/08/2020
FNPF's CEO, Jaoji Koroi.

113,000 members of the Fiji National Provident Fund have so far accessed funds to the tune of $87 million through FNPF's COVID-19 Withdrawal Scheme.

FNPF's CEO, Jaoji Koroi says $65 million was members withdrawing funds from their general FNPF accounts while $22 million was topped up by the government.

He says members are still facing difficulties and the government has agreed to support round two of the Phase Two Assistance.

FNPF's Phase 3 Assistance is for those who are still unemployed or on leave without pay.

Those FNPF members who withdrew funds in Phase Two Assistance will have to apply again for the assistance and the first fortnightly payment of $220 will be made on 1st September.


FEATURE NEWS
Bainimarama and Qiliho charged with inciting mutiny
Former Prime Minister, Voreqe Bainimarama and former Police Commissioner, Sitiveni Qiliho have been charged with inciting mutiny, and will spend the n...
2 hours ago
LATEST NEWS
Rokobua Naiyaga is new Chairperson of the Higher Education Commission Fiji
Minister for Education, Aseri Radrodro in consultation with the Prime Minister, has appointed Rokobua Naiyaga as the new Chairperson of the Higher ...
22 minutes ago

Ramadan to start tomorrow
The moon for Ramadan has not been sighted, and the Fiji Muslim League confirms fasting will now begin this tomorrow.Speaking to fijivillage News, ...
2 hours ago

Ramadan to start this Friday
The moon for Ramadan has not been sighted, and the Fiji Muslim League confirms fasting will now begin this Friday. Speaking to fijivillage News, ...
9 hours ago

Six students questioned over Galoa bullying case
Six students have been questioned and released by police following an alleged bullying incident in Galoa Village, Serua. Police confirm that ...
12 hours ago

Waqanika and Bainivalu pleased with discussions; JSC to meet again on 25 March
Following a meeting with the Judicial Services Commission, chaired by Chief Justice Salesi Temo, the counsel of sacked FICAC Commissioner, Barbara ...
12 hours ago



Stay tuned for the latest news on our radio stations

CFL radio frequencies
IN DEPTH
Minister ready to repay business class air fare for wife as concerns grow about Sports Council deals
I was invited to travel to New Zealand by the Fiji Sports Council for a grassroots 7s tournament in 2024, I travelled business class but it was ...
13 days ago

Malimali and others filed for judicial review into COI
The application for leave for the judicial review has been made by former FICAC Commissioner Barbara Malimali, former Attorney General Graham Leung ...
13 days ago

Malimali’s legal battle against President, PM and AG
Another legal battle starts today as sacked FICAC Commissioner, Barbara Malimali takes her matter to court against the President, Prime Minister and ...
14 days ago

TOP