Prime Minister, Sitiveni Rabuka confirms that he met Minister for Youth and Sports, Jese Saukuru, and informed him that an independent investigation will be commissioned into allegations relating to his January 2025 travel to New Zealand under the sponsorship of the Fiji Sports Council.
Rabuka says the investigation will also examine allegations concerning the abuse of funds that have been levelled against the Chief Executive Officer of the Fiji Sports Council, Ratu Gilbert Vakalalabure.
The Prime Minister says Saukuru has given his assurance that he will not interfere with the investigation in any way.
In the meantime, Rabuka has authorised Saukuru’s previously scheduled six-day tour of the Yasawa Group, commencing on Sunday.
He says further updates will be provided as necessary.
Stay tuned for the latest news on our radio stations