Permanent Secretary for Health Doctor James Fong. [image: Fijian Govt.]
141 million cases of COVID cases recorded worldwide and more than 3 million deaths have been recorded
Dr James Fong says the COVID-19 virus is more deadly than ever before
A family in Suva has come forward
A woman is a new COVID-19 case from Cunningham
Please call 158 if anyone attended the funeral in Tavakubu last Friday and Saturday
The woman is from Wainitarawau Settlement in Cunningham
The woman and her immediate family members are in isolation
They are in quarantine
New measures in Viti Levu announced
High risk businesses such as gyms, cinemas, bars, taverns, gaming centres cannot open for the next 14 days
Restaurants cannot open for in person dining. They can only provide takeaway services
Banks, supermarkets, pharmacies can open but have to ensure COVID safety measures
The curfew will remain from 11pm to 4am
People can work from home if employers want to take that step
Dr Fong says the virus is here and we cannot turn the crowded market into the next epicentre of the virus
Non work gatherings of any size cannot take place anywhere. These gathering restrictions are nationwide
Funerals to only have a limit of 20 people
Dr Fong is stressing to people to wear masks and have their careFIJI app on
Guidance will be provided on mask wearing and how to make your own mask
Dr Fong requests everyone to please wear your mask
Only interact with members of your household
Keep a 2 metres distance in public if you are going for personal training however it has been stressed basketball, soccer, rugby and other sports are not allowed.
Dr Fong says if they see maskless people going around and not following guidelines, they will not hesitate to shut down towns and cities.
From midday tomorrow, outbound inter island passenger travel will be stopped. Only freight will be allowed. People can still come into Viti Levu but not go out.
The drivers of the two mini buses and the grey taxi have come forward after descriptions of their vehicles
They have been quarantined and will be tested for COVID-19
Dr Fong has commended these drivers for coming forward. He says they have shown a great level of patriotism.
The Health Ministry is still looking for the driver of the public mini bus that left Lautoka Mini Bus Stand at 5pm last Saturday
Dr Fong calls on people not to visit people's homes and not to share takis or bilos
Dr Fong says there should be no reckless reporting, there should be no rumours and there should be no panic
Minister for Tourism and Civil Aviation Viliame Gavoka has issued a clarification regarding the privately owned Skyward Pinehills airstrip near Nadi, ...
3 hours ago
The University of Fiji has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Jack’s Retail Pte Ltd to establish a scholarship programme aimed at expanding ...
2 hours ago
A long-time Lami resident is calling for stronger collaboration between government, faith-based organisations and community groups to address what ...
2 hours ago
Amelia Dio says if someone is caught with drugs, prison is there to set them straight.Dio shared her views during the consultation on the proposed ...
3 hours ago
About 40 students in the Fiji National University Choir based at the Natabua Campus have been formally recognised for their contribution to campus ...
3 hours ago
Former Suva lawyer Shazran Abdul Lateef will take his plea on the 25th of this month where he was allegedly found with methamphetamine last year. He ...
3 hours ago
I was invited to travel to New Zealand by the Fiji Sports Council for a grassroots 7s tournament in 2024, I travelled business class but it was ...
11 days ago
The application for leave for the judicial review has been made by former FICAC Commissioner Barbara Malimali, former Attorney General Graham Leung ...
11 days ago
Another legal battle starts today as sacked FICAC Commissioner, Barbara Malimali takes her matter to court against the President, Prime Minister and ...
12 days ago