Fijivillage
18 February, 2026, 8:40 pm
Central - 24°C Rain
18 February, 2026, 8:40 pm Central - 24°C Rain

There should not be any deduction from the 2nd cane payment - Prasad
We do not respond to third party statements - Clark

There should not be any deduction from the 2nd cane payment - Prasad

We do not respond to third party statements - Clark

By Priteshni Nand
13/01/2021
National Federation Party Leader, Professor Biman Prasad and FSC CEO Graham Clark. [image: file]

National Federation Party Leader, Professor Biman Prasad says there should not be any deduction from the second cane payment for all cane growers as they need the money to facilitate school preparations for their children and meet other expenses.

Prasad says data transfer and processing of relief for cane growers in Vanua Levu should not be used as an excuse by FSC to breach the Master Award and delay payment to growers in Viti Levu.

He says according to the Master Award, the 2nd payment shall be made in respect of each mill within five weeks of the end of crushing at that mill.

Prasad says Clark was misleading the people by not quoting the Master Award in its entirety.

He says the statement by Clark that only 50% of other authorized deductions for Vanua Levu growers from this payment will be made is not good enough.

While responding to Prasad, FSC CEO, Graham Clark says they do not respond to third party statements.

He says FSC has already announced that the second cane payment for the 2020 cane crop will be paid to all cane farmers by this Friday.

Clark had earlier said industry stakeholders had resolved to reduce cane payment deductions for Vanua Levu cane farmers by 50% in the second cane payment and that this reduction be recovered in the third cane payment for the 2020 season.

Farmers will receive $12.83 per tonne.

FEATURE NEWS
Bainimarama and Qiliho charged with inciting mutiny
Former Prime Minister, Voreqe Bainimarama and former Police Commissioner, Sitiveni Qiliho have been charged with inciting mutiny, and will spend the n...
2 hours ago
LATEST NEWS
Six students questioned over Galoa bullying case
Six students have been questioned and released by police following an alleged bullying incident in Galoa Village, Serua. Police confirm that ...
1 hour ago

Waqanika and Bainivalu pleased with discussions; JSC to meet again on 25 March
Following a meeting with the Judicial Services Commission, chaired by Chief Justice Salesi Temo, the counsel of sacked FICAC Commissioner, Barbara ...
1 hour ago

Bainimarama and Qiliho charged with inciting mutiny
Bainimarama and Qiliho charged with inciting mutinyFormer Prime Minister, Voreqe Bainimarama and former Police Commissioner, Sitiveni Qiliho have ...
2 hours ago

Ash Wednesday marks a sacred call to spiritual renewal
As the sun shone over the Sacred Heart Cathedral Church, members joined fellow worshippers today to observe Ash Wednesday, marking the beginning of ...
2 hours ago

Father claims police assault turned his world into a nightmare
A father already deeply concerned with worry for his hospitalised wife and his Year 2 son says his world turned into a nightmare when he was ...
3 hours ago



Stay tuned for the latest news on our radio stations

CFL radio frequencies
IN DEPTH
Minister ready to repay business class air fare for wife as concerns grow about Sports Council deals
I was invited to travel to New Zealand by the Fiji Sports Council for a grassroots 7s tournament in 2024, I travelled business class but it was ...
12 days ago

Malimali and others filed for judicial review into COI
The application for leave for the judicial review has been made by former FICAC Commissioner Barbara Malimali, former Attorney General Graham Leung ...
12 days ago

Malimali’s legal battle against President, PM and AG
Another legal battle starts today as sacked FICAC Commissioner, Barbara Malimali takes her matter to court against the President, Prime Minister and ...
13 days ago

TOP