Fijivillage
20 February, 2026, 11:23 am
Central - 30°C Rain
20 February, 2026, 11:23 am Central - 30°C Rain

Tabuya given until today to respond to FEO about her involvement with Rock the Vote - Saneem

Tabuya given until today to respond to FEO about her involvement with Rock the Vote - Saneem

By Rashika Kumar
05/10/2022
Supervisor of Elections Mohammed Saneem

People's Alliance Deputy Leader Lynda Tabuya has until today to respond to the Fijian Elections Office’s questions about her involvement with Rock the Vote Fiji.

This has been confirmed by the Supervisor of Elections, Mohammed Saneem who says Tabuya was supposed to respond by last Friday but she said she was busy and could not do so.

Saneem had earlier said they had sent 35 questions to her.

He says after today, with or without a response, they will make a determination whether they proceed under Section 18 of the Electoral Act or not.

Saneem says as they have shown before, a lot of the Facebook posts have been deleted by Rock the Vote Fiji and he has seen a lot of media statements have been made by representatives of parties, particularly the People’s Alliance claiming they are not completely involved.

He says they will now leave that to FICAC to determine because they have started their investigation however, he says they feel the party is lying when they are saying they are not involved after having deleted Facebook posts.

He further says they are still waiting for responses from representatives of the People’s Alliance and Rock the Vote Fiji.

The Supervisor further says they are currently doing their enquiries into other individuals from People’s Alliance in relation to Rock the Vote and they might be sending a letter to a person from Unity Fiji who was present at the launch of the organisation for further enquiries.

Saneem says they also note there is a COVID-19 Maternity Relief Fund that was used by Tabuya and are waiting for that response while People’s Alliance say they have nothing to do with it however, they have screenshots where their representatives and Party Leader allegedly went and distributed items that has particularly been sourced from the COVID-19 Maternity Relief Fund.

The Supervisor says in relation to complaint against SODELPA by FijiFirst where a representative had made promises but not provided any explanation, that has now been done, the explanation has been received and that complaint has been resolved.

In relation to the issue raised about National Federation Party General Secretary, Seini Nabou selling calendars for $30, Saneem says the matter was put to her for a response where she has responded and has provided details around how she plans to account for all the monies collected and this matter is now resolved and they will be looking out for her declarations to ensure the amounts are properly declared during the declaration stage.

We are currently trying to get The People’s Alliance.

FEATURE NEWS
We will investigate any claims of unauthorized aircraft connected to suspicious activity - Police
Police have today confirmed that they will investigate any claims of unauthorized aircraft suspected to be connected to a suspicious activity in Namul...
3 hours ago
LATEST NEWS
Andrew released after arrest on suspicion of misconduct in public office
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor has been released following his arrest on suspicion of misconduct in public office.Thames Valley Police earlier said they ...
1 hour ago

At 27, Reapi becomes Dux after being turned away when in Year 13
After being turned away from her Year 13 external exam because her family could not afford $570 in school fees, Reapi Tabuaniviti finally returned to ...
2 hours ago

Fiji Cancer Society to host free Health Expo in Lautoka today
Residents in the Western Division will have access to free cancer screenings and essential health services tomorrow as the Fiji Cancer Society will ...
3 hours ago

Fiji Muslim League calls for reflection and unity this Ramadan
As Muslims begin their fasting today, the Fiji Muslim League extended its warmest wishes for the blessed month to all Muslims in Fiji and abroad.Fiji ...
3 hours ago

Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public office
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor has been arrested at his eastern England home.The UK's Telegraph newspaper says British police had arrived at the ...
3 hours ago



Stay tuned for the latest news on our radio stations

CFL radio frequencies
IN DEPTH
Minister ready to repay business class air fare for wife as concerns grow about Sports Council deals
I was invited to travel to New Zealand by the Fiji Sports Council for a grassroots 7s tournament in 2024, I travelled business class but it was ...
14 days ago

Malimali and others filed for judicial review into COI
The application for leave for the judicial review has been made by former FICAC Commissioner Barbara Malimali, former Attorney General Graham Leung ...
14 days ago

Malimali’s legal battle against President, PM and AG
Another legal battle starts today as sacked FICAC Commissioner, Barbara Malimali takes her matter to court against the President, Prime Minister and ...
15 days ago

TOP