Fijivillage
20 February, 2026, 4:33 am
Central - 23°C Clouds
20 February, 2026, 4:33 am Central - 23°C Clouds

Returning Qasevakatini to further boost Nadi against Suva

Returning Qasevakatini to further boost Nadi against Suva

By Shanil Singh
11/08/2020
Nadi's Napolioni Qasevakatini battle for the ball against Navua's Matthew Charitar. [image: FFA]

National team striker Napolioni Qasevakatini is expected to add further firepower to an already potent attack as the All in One Builders (NZ) Nadi prepare to take on Suva in the Punjas Battle of the Giants semifinal this Saturday.

Qasevakatini was injured in the first game against Navua and did not feature in Nadi’s other two matches.

However Coach Kamal Swamy has confirmed the former Lautoka Central College student is coping well and will feature against Suva.

This will further boost the Nadi side who have scored 8 goals in the tournament so far which is the most by any team.

Qasevakatini scored the winning goal for the Suva side in the 2014 IDC final which was their last tournament win.

Swamy also says that a few of their experienced players are nursing injuries and they are closely monitoring them.

Nadi take on Suva in the second semifinal of the BOG at 4pm this Saturday while Rewa play Ba at 2pm.

The final is at 2.30pm Sunday.

You can catch the live commentaries of these matches on our sister station Radio Sargam.


DateTimeTeamTeam

FNRL
FEATURE NEWS
EXCLUSIVE : I go to the FICAC office after hours to support my wife - Vakalalabure
Tevita Vakalalabure, lawyer and husband of Acting FICAC Commissioner, Lavi Rokoika, has today confirmed that he goes to his wife's FICAC office when s...
11 hours ago
LATEST NEWS
Fiji Airways says sexual harassment clause in Employment Bill sets ‘impossible legal standard'
Fiji Airways has warned that the Employment Relations Bill’s requirement for employers to eliminate sexual harassment imposes an unrealistic and ...
11 hours ago

5 out of 7 people charged in Rewa Street and Flagstaff drug bust case plead not guilty
The Chinese, Federated States of Micronesia, and Fijian nationals charged in three separate Rewa Street and Flagstaff drug bust cases took their ...
13 hours ago

Semo bypass to open from midnight tonight
The bypass along the Queen's Highway at Semo Village will be open to the travelling public from midnight tonight.The Fiji Roads Authority (FRA) says ...
14 hours ago

$2.5B Emerald Bay Project advances with 184 residential lots
The $2.5 billion Emerald Bay Development in Nadawa is progressing well with the development of 184 residential lots as part of its first phase, ...
14 hours ago

Lautoka Central Head Boy advocating for drug-free and responsible living
Lautoka Central College Head Boy, Deevansh Singh is urging students to stay away from drugs and take greater responsibility in protecting the ...
14 hours ago



Stay tuned for the latest news on our radio stations

CFL radio frequencies
IN DEPTH
Minister ready to repay business class air fare for wife as concerns grow about Sports Council deals
I was invited to travel to New Zealand by the Fiji Sports Council for a grassroots 7s tournament in 2024, I travelled business class but it was ...
14 days ago

Malimali and others filed for judicial review into COI
The application for leave for the judicial review has been made by former FICAC Commissioner Barbara Malimali, former Attorney General Graham Leung ...
14 days ago

Malimali’s legal battle against President, PM and AG
Another legal battle starts today as sacked FICAC Commissioner, Barbara Malimali takes her matter to court against the President, Prime Minister and ...
15 days ago

TOP