Fijivillage
20 February, 2026, 3:23 pm
Central - 29°C Rain
20 February, 2026, 3:23 pm Central - 29°C Rain

Radrodro says they will submit a paper to Cabinet on the Repeat Policy

Radrodro says they will submit a paper to Cabinet on the Repeat Policy

By Navitalai Naivalurua
17/07/2025
Education Minister Aseri Radrodro

The Ministry of Education is preparing to submit to Cabinet a paper on the No-Repeat Policy for Automatic Progression for consideration.

This was highlighted by Education Minister Aseri Radrodro in his response to the 2025/2026 National Budget in Parliament, saying that they have reviewed the examination results over the past years, and they see the necessity to review the current practice of automatic progression for students.

Radrodro acknowledged the Budget allocation given to the School Management Association of $500,000, the Principal and Heads of Teachers Association $300,000 each.

He says the Ministry will ensure that proper checks and balances are in place to address accountability and transparency in the way the funds are used.

The Minister says the heartbeat of the education system is the curriculum, and the Ministry, with a team of experts, will initiate a review of the National Curriculum Framework, with a budget of $33,000.

He says this will be done in consultation with the education commissioners and education stakeholders to address the raised concerns on the relevance of the current curriculum.

He adds that the current framework was last reviewed in 2013, and it is now proper that it undergoes another review after a lapse of more than a decade.

Click here for more stories on the Budget-Debate-2025-2026

FEATURE NEWS
Instead of drugs people should dedicate themselves to spiritual development - Dr Maharaj
General Practitioner Dr Rajesh Maharaj says instead of indulging in drugs, alcohol, kava and smoking, people should dedicate themselves to spiritual ...
3 hours ago
LATEST NEWS
2 officers and two civilians remain in custody on meth related offences
Two police officers and two civilians who were charged with methamphetamine-related offences allegedly committed last year have been further remanded ...
14 minutes ago

Man allegedly assaulted by Shia LaBeouf in New Orleans wants to see hate crime charges
One of the men whom Shia LaBeouf allegedly battered and insulted with a homophobic slur on Mardi Gras morning in New Orleans on Tuesday, leading to ...
2 hours ago

Naitasiri murder accused remains in custody pending psychiatric evaluation
The 43-year-old man who allegedly killed 16-year-old Salote Sikiti with a cane knife in Naqali Village, Naitasiri remains remanded in custody after ...
2 hours ago

Nepani Homes progressing, families to move in by mid-year - Magnus
Works at the Nepani Subdivision are advancing, and families allocated homes through the recent barrel draw are expected to begin moving in by ...
2 hours ago

UK High Commissioner launches “No Learner Left Behind” initiative in Fiji
British High Commissioner to Fiji, Kanbar Hossein-Bor, hosted the inaugural stakeholder meeting for the “No Learner Left Behind” initiative, in ...
3 hours ago



Stay tuned for the latest news on our radio stations

CFL radio frequencies
IN DEPTH
Minister ready to repay business class air fare for wife as concerns grow about Sports Council deals
I was invited to travel to New Zealand by the Fiji Sports Council for a grassroots 7s tournament in 2024, I travelled business class but it was ...
14 days ago

Malimali and others filed for judicial review into COI
The application for leave for the judicial review has been made by former FICAC Commissioner Barbara Malimali, former Attorney General Graham Leung ...
14 days ago

Malimali’s legal battle against President, PM and AG
Another legal battle starts today as sacked FICAC Commissioner, Barbara Malimali takes her matter to court against the President, Prime Minister and ...
15 days ago

TOP