Novak Djokovic has admitted breaching isolation rules after testing positive for Covid-19 last month, describing it as an "error of judgement".
In an Instagram post today, the Serbian admitted meeting a journalist for an interview two days after he tested positive on 16th December.
He wrote he accepts that he should have rescheduled.
His activity has been scrutinised as the Australian government considers whether to deport him.
Djokovic, who is unvaccinated, is hoping to defend his Australian Open title next week. He had his visa revoked last week shortly after he arrived in the country amid questions over the vaccine exemption that would have permitted him to enter.
On Monday, however, a judge overturned the decision and ordered the release of the player from detention.
But the Australian government has not ruled out further action - and the possibility remains that the country's immigration minister could cancel his visa for a second time just days before the tournament begins.
Djokovic says he felt obliged to go ahead and conduct the L'Equipe interview as he didn't want to let the journalist down.
He adds he socially distanced and wore a mask except when his photograph was being taken.
He said other reports about him appearing in public following his positive test on 16th December were "misinformation".
Djokovic, meanwhile, also admitted making a false declaration on his travel form prior to entering Australia.
He said his agent had made a mistake when filling in a section of the form that covered his recent travel history. The form stated that he had not travelled in the 14 days before his arrival in Australia.
Djokovic says his agent sincerely apologises for the administrative mistake in ticking the incorrect box adding this was a human error and certainly not deliberate.
Ha adds his team has provided additional information to the Australian government to clarify this matter.
Stay tuned for the latest news on our radio stations