Fijivillage
18 February, 2026, 11:07 am
Central - 29°C Rain
18 February, 2026, 11:07 am Central - 29°C Rain

Four arrested after Tower of London display case containing State Crown defaced

Four arrested after Tower of London display case containing State Crown defaced

By Navitalai Naivalurua
07/12/2025
Photo : BBC

Four people have been arrested after custard and apple crumble were flung at a display case containing part of the Crown Jewels at the Tower of London.

Police were called on Saturday after the case containing the Imperial State Crown was defaced.

The Metropolitan Police said four people had been arrested on suspicion of criminal damage, and the Tower's Jewel House has been closed to the public while the police investigation continues.

Take Back Power, which describes itself as a new non-violent civil-resistance group, claimed it was behind the act.

The group said it carried out the stunt to demand that the UK government establish a permanent citizens' assembly, a "House of the People,” with the power to "tax extreme wealth and fix Britain.”

Footage shared by the group on social media showed one protester removing a large foil tray of crumble from a bag before slamming it against the glass protecting the Imperial State Crown.

Another then poured a tub of bright yellow custard on the front of the case.

One protester shouted that democracy has crumbled, while another added that Britain is broken.

Surprised tourists could be seen reacting to the stunt, while a Tower of London staff member spoke into her radio.

FEATURE NEWS
Hearing for Judicial Review of COI set for 10th to 12th April
The hearing for the judicial review into the Commission of Inquiry Report regarding the appointment of Barbara Malimali as FICAC Commissioner will be ...
30 minutes ago
LATEST NEWS
Hearing for Judicial Review of COI set for 10th to 12th April
The hearing for the judicial review into the Commission of Inquiry Report regarding the appointment of Barbara Malimali as FICAC Commissioner will be ...
30 minutes ago

Free heart checks carried out for 1,487 children at Dilkusha Primary
A total of 1,487 free heart screenings were conducted for children by Shree Sathya Sai Sanjeevani Children’s Hospital Fiji during an outreach ...
42 minutes ago

Son and mother left homeless after fire in Saru, Lautoka
30-year-old Binitesh Sharma and his 72-year-old mother Veenat Kumari are homeless after a fire destroys their two-bedroom house at Saru Back Road in ...
46 minutes ago

At 27, Reapi becomes Dux after being turned away when in Year 13
After being turned away from her Year 13 external exam because her family could not afford $570 in school fees, Reapi Tabuaniviti finally returned to ...
1 hour ago

Alleged threat incident in Tubou leaves teachers concerned for safety
Teachers teaching at Ratu Finau Secondary School in Lau are worried about their safety following an incident on Saturday where two men who were ...
2 hours ago



Stay tuned for the latest news on our radio stations

CFL radio frequencies
IN DEPTH
Minister ready to repay business class air fare for wife as concerns grow about Sports Council deals
I was invited to travel to New Zealand by the Fiji Sports Council for a grassroots 7s tournament in 2024, I travelled business class but it was ...
12 days ago

Malimali and others filed for judicial review into COI
The application for leave for the judicial review has been made by former FICAC Commissioner Barbara Malimali, former Attorney General Graham Leung ...
12 days ago

Malimali’s legal battle against President, PM and AG
Another legal battle starts today as sacked FICAC Commissioner, Barbara Malimali takes her matter to court against the President, Prime Minister and ...
13 days ago

TOP