Fijivillage
19 February, 2026, 3:25 am
Central - 23°C Clouds
19 February, 2026, 3:25 am Central - 23°C Clouds

Fijian national Francis Wilson missing part of skull after Sydney pub brawl

Fijian national Francis Wilson missing part of skull after Sydney pub brawl

By Navitalai Naivalurua
27/09/2025
A 20-year-old Fijian national Francis Wilson

A 20-year-old Fijian national on a night out with friends was left in a critical condition after a brawl in a Sydney pub, with doctors needing to remove part of his skull to operate.

Francis Wilson is in intensive care at Sydney’s St Vincent’s Hospital after a brawl with three other men on Sunday.

Police responding to the scene on George Street were told a man had allegedly been assaulted by a group of people before they left the scene. There is no suggestion of wrongdoing on the part of Wilson.

Wilson’s sister-in-law, Keira Bale says his family is “unaware if he is going to make a full recovery”.

She says Wilson loves going to the park with all his friends to pass the ball around and play touch footy

Wilson was able to start breathing on his own on Wednesday after surgery to address a brain bleed.

Bale says he has come off the life support machine but is still in a critical condition because part of his skull was removed during surgery and is being fitted with headgear to keep his brain safe.

Wilson is the youngest in a family of eight siblings, and is living in Greenacre in Sydney’s west on a working visa while his parents remain in Fiji.

Bale has raised more than $10,000 through crowdfunding so far to assist with these unexpected costs.

Three men, including two French nationals, have been charged in relation to the brawl and remain before the courts.

A 19-year-old and a 20-year-old were both charged with reckless grievous bodily harm (in company and affray), and a 25-year-old was charged with affray.

FEATURE NEWS
Bainimarama and Qiliho charged with inciting mutiny
Former Prime Minister, Voreqe Bainimarama and former Police Commissioner, Sitiveni Qiliho have been charged with inciting mutiny, and will spend the n...
9 hours ago
LATEST NEWS
Ramadan to start this Friday
The moon for Ramadan has not been sighted, and the Fiji Muslim League confirms fasting will now begin this Friday. Speaking to fijivillage News, ...
5 hours ago

Ramadan to start this Friday
The moon for Ramadan has not been sighted, and the Fiji Muslim League confirms fasting will now begin this Friday.Speaking to fijivillage News, Mufti ...
6 hours ago

Six students questioned over Galoa bullying case
Six students have been questioned and released by police following an alleged bullying incident in Galoa Village, Serua. Police confirm that ...
8 hours ago

Waqanika and Bainivalu pleased with discussions; JSC to meet again on 25 March
Following a meeting with the Judicial Services Commission, chaired by Chief Justice Salesi Temo, the counsel of sacked FICAC Commissioner, Barbara ...
8 hours ago

Bainimarama and Qiliho charged with inciting mutiny
Bainimarama and Qiliho charged with inciting mutinyFormer Prime Minister, Voreqe Bainimarama and former Police Commissioner, Sitiveni Qiliho have ...
9 hours ago



Stay tuned for the latest news on our radio stations

CFL radio frequencies
IN DEPTH
Minister ready to repay business class air fare for wife as concerns grow about Sports Council deals
I was invited to travel to New Zealand by the Fiji Sports Council for a grassroots 7s tournament in 2024, I travelled business class but it was ...
13 days ago

Malimali and others filed for judicial review into COI
The application for leave for the judicial review has been made by former FICAC Commissioner Barbara Malimali, former Attorney General Graham Leung ...
13 days ago

Malimali’s legal battle against President, PM and AG
Another legal battle starts today as sacked FICAC Commissioner, Barbara Malimali takes her matter to court against the President, Prime Minister and ...
14 days ago

TOP