Fijivillage
19 February, 2026, 2:25 pm
Central - 30°C Rain
19 February, 2026, 2:25 pm Central - 30°C Rain

FNPF receives over 5,500 applications in phase two of COVID-19 withdrawal scheme

FNPF receives over 5,500 applications in phase two of COVID-19 withdrawal scheme

By Dhanjay Deo
15/06/2020
Chief Executive Officer Jaoji Koroi

The Fiji National Provident Fund has received more than 5,500 applications so far in phase two of the COVID-19 withdrawal scheme.

Chief Executive Officer, Jaoji Koroi says more than 2,500 applications were lodged through the myFNPF App and a little over 3,000 submitted through the Employers Portal.

He says with the first round of payments due next Tuesday, for members who are on leave without pay and those who are unemployed, the Fund is encouraging members and employers to submit applications through its digital platforms by this Friday.

Koroi says the Fund is relying on these Employers to constantly check their employer portal for members’ applications that need their verification.

He says employers have a critical role in this entire COVID-19 withdrawal scheme.

Koroi has also revealed that because there is a registration influx through the MyFNPF App, there were some teething issues with the App.

He says their teams have been working closely with members to assist them with the transition from manual to digital applications.

FEATURE NEWS
Bainimarama and Qiliho allegedly approached senior RFMF officers to arrest and overthrow Commander in 2023
Former Prime Minister, Voreqe Bainimarama and former Police Commissioner, Sitiveni Qiliho who have been charged with inciting to mutiny, will appear i...
29 minutes ago
LATEST NEWS
$1M fines and jail terms ‘too harsh’, says Fiji Airways
Fiji Airways has raised serious concerns over the scale and scope of penalties proposed in the Employment Relations Bill, warning that the ...
6 minutes ago

Lautoka Central Head Boy advocating for drug-free and responsible living
Lautoka Central College Head Boy, Deevansh Singh is urging students to stay away from drugs and take greater responsibility in protecting the ...
3 hours ago

Lateef to be sentenced on Monday for meth and marijuana case
Former Suva lawyer, Shazran Abdul Lateef will be sentenced on Monday after he was convicted for the unlawful possession of 9.5 grams of ...
3 hours ago

Fiji Hardwood declares first-ever $500,000 dividend since 1998
Fiji Hardwood Corporation Limited has declared its first-ever dividend of $500,000 to the Government of Fiji following its Annual General Meeting on ...
6 hours ago

Grammy-winning US songwriter Billy Steinberg dies at 75-yrs-old
Grammy-winning songwriter Billy Steinberg, a key figure behind a string of chart-topping hits including Madonna's Like a Virgin, has died at the age ...
6 hours ago



Stay tuned for the latest news on our radio stations

CFL radio frequencies
IN DEPTH
Minister ready to repay business class air fare for wife as concerns grow about Sports Council deals
I was invited to travel to New Zealand by the Fiji Sports Council for a grassroots 7s tournament in 2024, I travelled business class but it was ...
13 days ago

Malimali and others filed for judicial review into COI
The application for leave for the judicial review has been made by former FICAC Commissioner Barbara Malimali, former Attorney General Graham Leung ...
13 days ago

Malimali’s legal battle against President, PM and AG
Another legal battle starts today as sacked FICAC Commissioner, Barbara Malimali takes her matter to court against the President, Prime Minister and ...
14 days ago

TOP