Fijivillage
20 February, 2026, 3:46 pm
Central - 29°C Rain
20 February, 2026, 3:46 pm Central - 29°C Rain

Daugunu had a sparking debut – Drew Mitchell

Daugunu had a sparking debut – Drew Mitchell

By Semi Turaga
16/10/2020
Wallabies wing Filipo Daugunu. [insert: former Wallabies winger Drew Mitchell] (image: Wallabies)

New Wallabies wing Filipo Daugunu is continuing to get praises after a sparking debut in the first Bledisloe Cup test against the All Blacks last Sunday.

In his first match for the Wallabies, Daugunu scored one try, made 14 carries, beat three defenders and collected 138 carry metres.

Speaking on the Auzzie Rugby Show on Rugby Pass, former Wallabies wing Drew Mitchell says Daugunu is the type of player that no one wants to defend.

Daugunu and Marika Koroibete will once again start for the Wallabies when they face the All Blacks at Eden Park on Sunday.

The Wallabies have not won in Eden Park in 34 years.

Coach Dave Rennie has made four changes to the team that drew against the All Blacks last weekend.

James Slipper, Brandon Paenga-Amosa, Taniela Tupou, Lukhan Salakaia-Loto, Matt Philip, Ned Hanigan, Michael Hooper, Harry Wilson, Nic White, James O’Connor, Matt To’omua, Hunter Paisami, and Tom Banks are also in the starting line up.

Australia need to win two of the three upcoming matches against the All Blacks to regain the Bledisloe Cup for the first time since 2002.

Last year, the All Blacks rebounded from a 46-27 loss to the Wallabies in Perth to trounce them 36-0 at Eden Park and retain the Bledisloe Cup.

The All Blacks host the Wallabies at Eden Park in the second Bledisloe Cup match at 3pm Sunday.





FNRL
FEATURE NEWS
Instead of drugs people should dedicate themselves to spiritual development - Dr Maharaj
General Practitioner Dr Rajesh Maharaj says instead of indulging in drugs, alcohol, kava and smoking, people should dedicate themselves to spiritual ...
4 hours ago
LATEST NEWS
Severe Thunderstorm Warning in force for parts of Viti Levu
A Severe Thunderstorm Warning for Heavy Rain is now in force for the northeastern and interior parts of Viti Levu from Ba through Rakiraki to ...
6 minutes ago

Vuibereta to take plea in High Court over alleged bail breaches
Lui Bale Vuibureta, also known as XKON, is set to take his plea in the Suva High Court on the 6th of next month.Vuibureta appeared before Justice ...
17 minutes ago

2 officers and two civilians remain in custody on meth related offences
Two police officers and two civilians who were charged with methamphetamine-related offences allegedly committed last year have been further remanded ...
18 minutes ago

Man allegedly assaulted by Shia LaBeouf in New Orleans wants to see hate crime charges
One of the men whom Shia LaBeouf allegedly battered and insulted with a homophobic slur on Mardi Gras morning in New Orleans on Tuesday, leading to ...
2 hours ago

Naitasiri murder accused remains in custody pending psychiatric evaluation
The 43-year-old man who allegedly killed 16-year-old Salote Sikiti with a cane knife in Naqali Village, Naitasiri remains remanded in custody after ...
3 hours ago



Stay tuned for the latest news on our radio stations

CFL radio frequencies
IN DEPTH
Minister ready to repay business class air fare for wife as concerns grow about Sports Council deals
I was invited to travel to New Zealand by the Fiji Sports Council for a grassroots 7s tournament in 2024, I travelled business class but it was ...
14 days ago

Malimali and others filed for judicial review into COI
The application for leave for the judicial review has been made by former FICAC Commissioner Barbara Malimali, former Attorney General Graham Leung ...
14 days ago

Malimali’s legal battle against President, PM and AG
Another legal battle starts today as sacked FICAC Commissioner, Barbara Malimali takes her matter to court against the President, Prime Minister and ...
15 days ago

TOP