Fijivillage
19 February, 2026, 3:09 am
Central - 23°C Clouds
19 February, 2026, 3:09 am Central - 23°C Clouds

Das denies sending email to the executives of the FRCS in August last year on alleged overstating of government revenue

Das denies sending email to the executives of the FRCS in August last year on alleged overstating of government revenue

By Vijay Narayan , Dhanjay Deo
12/07/2020
The former CEO of the Fiji Revenue and Customs Service Visvanath Das

The former CEO of the Fiji Revenue and Customs Service Visvanath Das has denied sending an email to the executives of the FRCS on 5th August, 2019 which is currently being publicly circulated.

According to the screenshot of the particular email, Das is allegedly talking about overstating of government revenue in the National Budget.

When contacted by Fijivillage, Das said the email is absolutely not by him.

He did not want to make any further comments.

We have also asked him whether he will report the matter to police and FICAC as the email being circulated is purportedly saying that Das had sent the email to his executives on 5th August, 2019.

Das is yet to comment on whether he will file a complaint with Police and FICAC.

Fijivillage is currently trying to verify the authenticity of the email.

When we contacted the Acting CEO of FRCS Fane Vave, she said she needs to verify this email before she makes any further comments.

There is no confirmation at this stage on whether Das sent that particular email on 5th August, 2019.

We are awaiting further comments from Vave whose name and email address also appears in that email.

FEATURE NEWS
Bainimarama and Qiliho charged with inciting mutiny
Former Prime Minister, Voreqe Bainimarama and former Police Commissioner, Sitiveni Qiliho have been charged with inciting mutiny, and will spend the n...
8 hours ago
LATEST NEWS
Ramadan to start this Friday
The moon for Ramadan has not been sighted, and the Fiji Muslim League confirms fasting will now begin this Friday. Speaking to fijivillage News, ...
5 hours ago

Ramadan to start this Friday
The moon for Ramadan has not been sighted, and the Fiji Muslim League confirms fasting will now begin this Friday.Speaking to fijivillage News, Mufti ...
6 hours ago

Six students questioned over Galoa bullying case
Six students have been questioned and released by police following an alleged bullying incident in Galoa Village, Serua. Police confirm that ...
8 hours ago

Waqanika and Bainivalu pleased with discussions; JSC to meet again on 25 March
Following a meeting with the Judicial Services Commission, chaired by Chief Justice Salesi Temo, the counsel of sacked FICAC Commissioner, Barbara ...
8 hours ago

Bainimarama and Qiliho charged with inciting mutiny
Bainimarama and Qiliho charged with inciting mutinyFormer Prime Minister, Voreqe Bainimarama and former Police Commissioner, Sitiveni Qiliho have ...
8 hours ago



Stay tuned for the latest news on our radio stations

CFL radio frequencies
IN DEPTH
Minister ready to repay business class air fare for wife as concerns grow about Sports Council deals
I was invited to travel to New Zealand by the Fiji Sports Council for a grassroots 7s tournament in 2024, I travelled business class but it was ...
13 days ago

Malimali and others filed for judicial review into COI
The application for leave for the judicial review has been made by former FICAC Commissioner Barbara Malimali, former Attorney General Graham Leung ...
13 days ago

Malimali’s legal battle against President, PM and AG
Another legal battle starts today as sacked FICAC Commissioner, Barbara Malimali takes her matter to court against the President, Prime Minister and ...
14 days ago

TOP