Fijivillage
20 February, 2026, 2:16 pm
Central - 29°C Rain
20 February, 2026, 2:16 pm Central - 29°C Rain

Crusaders vs Blues match cancelled

Crusaders vs Blues match cancelled

By Semi Turaga
15/08/2020
The Blues have confirmed that the final game of Super Rugby Aotearoa tomorrow has been cancelled. [Image: Getty ]

The Blues have confirmed that the final game of Super Rugby Aotearoa tomorrow has been cancelled due to the COVID-19 outbreak in Auckland.

The Crusaders claimed the title for the domestic Super Rugby competition last week with their win over the Highlanders, but there was still a round left to play.

With Auckland’s Level 3 lockdown extended by the New Zealand Government, the Blues have confirmed tomorrow's match - a sellout that would've had over 40,000 fans at Eden Park - has been cancelled.

The Auckland franchise said they will have "more details" for ticket holders soon.

New Zealand Rugby said from a competition standpoint, the match will be considered a draw with both teams awarded two points.

TVNZ News reports the next rugby fixtures now on the New Zealand calendar include the first week of the Farah Palmer Cup, which kicks off next weekend and the North v South exhibition match, which is also set to take place in Auckland.

The match, considered by many to be an All Blacks trial, is scheduled for August 29.

[Source: TVNZ]

FNRL
FEATURE NEWS
Instead of drugs people should dedicate themselves to spiritual development - Dr Maharaj
General Practitioner Dr Rajesh Maharaj says instead of indulging in drugs, alcohol, kava and smoking, people should dedicate themselves to spiritual ...
2 hours ago
LATEST NEWS
Man allegedly assaulted by Shia LaBeouf in New Orleans wants to see hate crime charges
One of the men whom Shia LaBeouf allegedly battered and insulted with a homophobic slur on Mardi Gras morning in New Orleans on Tuesday, leading to ...
54 minutes ago

Naitasiri murder accused remains in custody pending psychiatric evaluation
The 43-year-old man who allegedly killed 16-year-old Salote Sikiti with a cane knife in Naqali Village, Naitasiri remains remanded in custody after ...
1 hour ago

Nepani Homes progressing, families to move in by mid-year - Magnus
Works at the Nepani Subdivision are advancing, and families allocated homes through the recent barrel draw are expected to begin moving in by ...
1 hour ago

UK High Commissioner launches “No Learner Left Behind” initiative in Fiji
British High Commissioner to Fiji, Kanbar Hossein-Bor, hosted the inaugural stakeholder meeting for the “No Learner Left Behind” initiative, in ...
2 hours ago

Instead of drugs people should dedicate themselves to spiritual development - Dr Maharaj
General Practitioner Dr Rajesh Maharaj says instead of indulging in drugs, alcohol, kava and smoking, people should dedicate themselves to spiritual ...
2 hours ago



Stay tuned for the latest news on our radio stations

CFL radio frequencies
IN DEPTH
Minister ready to repay business class air fare for wife as concerns grow about Sports Council deals
I was invited to travel to New Zealand by the Fiji Sports Council for a grassroots 7s tournament in 2024, I travelled business class but it was ...
14 days ago

Malimali and others filed for judicial review into COI
The application for leave for the judicial review has been made by former FICAC Commissioner Barbara Malimali, former Attorney General Graham Leung ...
14 days ago

Malimali’s legal battle against President, PM and AG
Another legal battle starts today as sacked FICAC Commissioner, Barbara Malimali takes her matter to court against the President, Prime Minister and ...
15 days ago

TOP