Fijivillage
20 February, 2026, 3:51 pm
Central - 29°C Rain
20 February, 2026, 3:51 pm Central - 29°C Rain

3 dead while 6 receiving treatment in hospital following horrific accident in Lomaloma, Seaqaqa

3 dead while 6 receiving treatment in hospital following horrific accident in Lomaloma, Seaqaqa

Three people have passed away, while six others are receiving treatment at the Labasa Hospital following a horrific accident in Lomaloma, Seaqaqa.

According to the Police, the three who passed away include the 42-year-old driver, and two men aged 57 and 35 years.

They say it is alleged that the driver failed to negotiate the Lomaloma S bend, causing the vehicle to veer off the road and land in a drain.

Police say six passengers were treated and discharged, while another six have been transferred to the Labasa Hospital for treatment.

Investigations continue.

The Fiji Police Force is urging drivers to always exercise safe driving practices at all times to avoid unfortunate accidents that can cause serious injury or loss of life.

Meanwhile, 30-year-old Vai Ranawanawa, who was travelling in the carrier, says they were coming from Buca Bay to Labasa Town for shopping.

Ranawanawa claims that they were not overspeeding.

FEATURE NEWS
Instead of drugs people should dedicate themselves to spiritual development - Dr Maharaj
General Practitioner Dr Rajesh Maharaj says instead of indulging in drugs, alcohol, kava and smoking, people should dedicate themselves to spiritual ...
4 hours ago
LATEST NEWS
Parts of the Central and Western Divisions currently without power after 132kV circuit fault
A fault on the 132kV Wailoa–Cunningham Circuit has resulted in multiple power disruptions across the Central and Western Divisions.The Energy Fiji ...
3 minutes ago

Severe Thunderstorm Warning in force for parts of Viti Levu
A Severe Thunderstorm Warning for Heavy Rain is now in force for the northeastern and interior parts of Viti Levu from Ba through Rakiraki to ...
11 minutes ago

Vuibereta to take plea in High Court over alleged bail breaches
Lui Bale Vuibureta, also known as XKON, is set to take his plea in the Suva High Court on the 6th of next month.Vuibureta appeared before Justice ...
22 minutes ago

2 officers and two civilians remain in custody on meth related offences
Two police officers and two civilians who were charged with methamphetamine-related offences allegedly committed last year have been further remanded ...
24 minutes ago

Man allegedly assaulted by Shia LaBeouf in New Orleans wants to see hate crime charges
One of the men whom Shia LaBeouf allegedly battered and insulted with a homophobic slur on Mardi Gras morning in New Orleans on Tuesday, leading to ...
2 hours ago



Stay tuned for the latest news on our radio stations

CFL radio frequencies
IN DEPTH
Minister ready to repay business class air fare for wife as concerns grow about Sports Council deals
I was invited to travel to New Zealand by the Fiji Sports Council for a grassroots 7s tournament in 2024, I travelled business class but it was ...
14 days ago

Malimali and others filed for judicial review into COI
The application for leave for the judicial review has been made by former FICAC Commissioner Barbara Malimali, former Attorney General Graham Leung ...
14 days ago

Malimali’s legal battle against President, PM and AG
Another legal battle starts today as sacked FICAC Commissioner, Barbara Malimali takes her matter to court against the President, Prime Minister and ...
15 days ago

TOP