Varsha Diwaker Webber, a former Fijian citizen and mother of two living in Bali has died in what is feared to be another case of methanol poisoning on the tourist island.
Webber was flown to Singapore after being admitted in intensive care in Bali two weeks ago.
Her husband, originally from New Zealand, via a fundraising page says his wife had suffered severe brain damage from a "major accident".
Yahoo News Australia reports a friend is alleged to have made a batch of limoncello using high-proof ethanol she had purchased online through an Indonesian supplier.
The friend is understood to have given a bottle of the drink to Webber, who fell ill shortly after consuming it.
Visitors to Bali are regularly warned about the dangers of methanol poisoning following repeated incidents where tourists have fallen seriously ill after unwittingly drinking fake spirits.
Methanol can be found in alcoholic drinks which have not been made professionally and is a byproduct of distillation.
The exact cause of Webber's death has yet to be made public.
Yahoo reports Webber’s family is considering legal action over her death.
Stay tuned for the latest news on our radio stations