Fijivillage
NEWS SPORTS

People not working due to containment zones can now apply for $90 cash payment

People not working due to containment zones can now apply for $90 cash payment

By Shanil Singh
Tuesday 04/05/2021
Minister for Economy Aiyaz Sayed-Khaiyum

People who are living in the Nadi, Lautoka, Suva, Lami and Nausori containment zones and cannot go to work due to the COVID-19 zones in place can now apply for two lots of $45 as a grocery payment as part of a new assistance provided by the government.

They will need to text their name, address, the number of people in their household, and their FNPF account number if there is any.

Those who are already receiving the unemployment benefits are not entitled to this payment.

People who are outside of the containment zone but cannot work as per directive from the Health Ministry can also apply.

Minister for Economy Aiyaz Sayed-Khaiyum says they will be finalizing all the technical aspects of it today and will be giving out specific numbers where people can text or call.

Sayed-Khaiyum says they hope to start with the program from Thursday.

He says the government has spoken to the telecommunication companies and they will be using the Vodafone M-Paisa platform and the MyCash platform through Digicel.

The Attorney General says people will receive funds on these platforms and they can either purchase their groceries or take out cash.

He is urging people to use this assistance responsibly.



FV-COVID-19-SYMPTOMS

FIJI COVID-19 FEVER CLINICS

Stay tuned for the latest news on our radio stations

CFL radio frequencies
IN DEPTH
Health Ministry continues to trace, screen and test all contacts of current COVID-19 cases in Fiji
Contact tracing continues for the potential super spreader event which is a funeral at Peceliema Church in Tavakubu. Mon 19th Apr Tue 20th ...
4 days ago

COVID-19 vaccination rollout in Fiji
Prime Minister Voreqe Bainimarama says he is getting vaccinated because it is what we all must do to defeat this pandemic once and for ...
18 days ago

Coca Cola Games 2021
Coca-Cola Games will depend on the approval from the Health and Education ...
20 days ago
FEATURE NEWS
7 new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases confirmed today
7 new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases have been confirmed and the Permanent Secretary for Health, Doctor James Fong says the recent cases from Laut...
7 hours ago
LATEST NEWS
Car reverses into CJS Supermarket
A car reversed into CJS Supermarket in Nabua earlier this evening. This has been confirmed in a facebook post by the supermarket owner, Charan ...
4 hours ago

FEMAT Field Hospitals anticipated to be operational by tomorrow - Dr. Tudravu
Chief Medical Advisor Dr. Jemesa Tudravu says they anticipate the FEMAT Field Hospitals at the old Government Supplies building in Natokowaqa and ...
6 hours ago

6 COVID cases are under investigation – Dr. Sahukhan
Fiji now has 49 active cases as we have recorded 7 new locally transmitted cases. The Head of the Health Protection, Dr Aalisha Sahukhan says 6 ...
6 hours ago

Other civil servants providing supporting roles to Health Ministry
Permanent Secretary for Health Doctor James Fong says other civil servants will not be doing medical frontline work and they will only provide ...
6 hours ago

93,000 Fijians have so far received their first COVID-19 vaccine shots
93,000 people have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccines. Permanent Secretary for Health, Doctor James Fong says the COVID-safe habits ...
6 hours ago

TOP