Two children aged 1 year died following separate accidents, while a 1-year-old child is admitted at the Lautoka Hospital after sustaining burns at his Saweni home on Monday morning.
Police say a 1-year-old boy died over the weekend after he allegedly sat on a hot pot of food that was left unattended inside their home in Waidranudranu, Bua on Sunday morning.
The boy was rushed to the Nabouwalu Hospital but was unfortunately pronounced dead.
In another incident, a 1-year-old girl who was admitted at the Lautoka Hospital after she was found submerged in a bucket of water passed away over the weekend.
The incident occurred at Naivuvuni Village, Rakiraki. She was rushed to the Rakiraki Hospital where she was resuscitated and was transferred to the Lautoka Hospital where she, unfortunately, passed away over the weekend.
In another incident, a 1-year-old boy is admitted with 16 percent burns at the Lautoka Hospital.
The child sustained burns after a hot cup of water placed on the table by his mother allegedly fell on him.
He was conveyed to the Lautoka Hospital where he remains admitted.
Investigations will look into the element of negligence in all cases.
Parents and guardians are urged to please supervise their children at all times and ensure that all hazards are removed from within their reach to avoid such unfortunate incidents.
Stay tuned for the latest news on our radio stations