Tabuya given until today to respond to FEO about her involvement with Rock the Vote - Saneem

Tabuya given until today to respond to FEO about her involvement with Rock the Vote - Saneem
Supervisor of Elections Mohammed Saneem

People's Alliance Deputy Leader Lynda Tabuya has until today to respond to the Fijian Elections Office’s questions about her involvement with Rock the Vote Fiji.

This has been confirmed by the Supervisor of Elections, Mohammed Saneem who says Tabuya was supposed to respond by last Friday but she said she was busy and could not do so.

Saneem had earlier said they had sent 35 questions to her.

He says after today, with or without a response, they will make a determination whether they proceed under Section 18 of the Electoral Act or not.

Saneem says as they have shown before, a lot of the Facebook posts have been deleted by Rock the Vote Fiji and he has seen a lot of media statements have been made by representatives of parties, particularly the People’s Alliance claiming they are not completely involved.

He says they will now leave that to FICAC to determine because they have started their investigation however, he says they feel the party is lying when they are saying they are not involved after having deleted Facebook posts.

He further says they are still waiting for responses from representatives of the People’s Alliance and Rock the Vote Fiji.

The Supervisor further says they are currently doing their enquiries into other individuals from People’s Alliance in relation to Rock the Vote and they might be sending a letter to a person from Unity Fiji who was present at the launch of the organisation for further enquiries.

Saneem says they also note there is a COVID-19 Maternity Relief Fund that was used by Tabuya and are waiting for that response while People’s Alliance say they have nothing to do with it however, they have screenshots where their representatives and Party Leader allegedly went and distributed items that has particularly been sourced from the COVID-19 Maternity Relief Fund.

The Supervisor says in relation to complaint against SODELPA by FijiFirst where a representative had made promises but not provided any explanation, that has now been done, the explanation has been received and that complaint has been resolved.

In relation to the issue raised about National Federation Party General Secretary, Seini Nabou selling calendars for $30, Saneem says the matter was put to her for a response where she has responded and has provided details around how she plans to account for all the monies collected and this matter is now resolved and they will be looking out for her declarations to ensure the amounts are properly declared during the declaration stage.

We are currently trying to get The People’s Alliance.

Stay tuned for the latest news on our radio stations

CFL radio frequencies
Scoreboard
9:50PM
Storm vs Panthers
8:00PM
Raiders vs Broncos
10:00PM
Dolphins vs Eels
Full Time
Fiji 22–29 South Africa
TBC - U14
Ratu Navula College vs Queen Victoria School
TBC - U15
Marist Brothers High School vs Ratu Kadavulevu School
TBC - U16
Suva Grammar School vs Queen Victoria School
Full Time - U20
Malolo 17–17 Navosa
Full Time - U20
Suva 23–25 Nadi
Full Time - U20
Taveuni 7–13 Ba
Full Time
Suva 24–32 Nadi
Full Time
Tailevu 50–05 Nadroga
Full Time
Kadavu 48–0 Rewa
Full Time
Ba 6–0 Tailevu Naitasiri
FullTime
Nadi 3–2 Nadroga
Full Time
Suva 3–2 Nasinu
No recent scores