A 5-month-old baby has passed away following a fire in Bukuya Village in Ba.
Police are investigating an element of negligence.
They say the child was allegedly left alone at home while a parent had gone to a nearby shop when a fire believed to have started from unattended cooking, broke out, resulting in the tragic incident.
Joint investigations with the National Fire Authority continue.
They continue to remind parents and guardians that accidents can occur at any given time, which is why children should never be left unsupervised.
Stay tuned for the latest news on our radio stations