40-year-old Domoniko Tabau, who is charged with the attempted murder of a police officer in relation to an incident that occurred at the Laqere checkpoint last month, will have his bail application heard next Thursday.
Police had earlier said that Tabau was one of three men in a vehicle that allegedly drove directly into a roadblock manned by police officers in Laqere.
Suva High Court Judge, Justice Dane Tuiqereqere has also directed the police escorting officer to take the accused for medical attention.
The State has requested more time to obtain further information from police in relation to the case.
Defence lawyer Gavin O’Driscoll says his client has now given instructions to file a bail application.
Tabau is charged with one count each of attempted murder, serious assault, and going equipped for theft or a property offence.