News Court

Bail ruling for alleged Top Shop robbers on Monday

Bail ruling for alleged Top Shop robbers on Monday
(Left) Lagani Rabukawaqa and (right) Saimoni Macedru leaving court

The Suva Magistrates Court has granted time for prosecution to review the bail application for 23-year-old Lagani Rabukawaqa and 25-year-old Saimoni Macedru, who allegedly committed a robbery outside Raiwai Top Shop last month.


The two allegedly assaulted a 50-year-old man who was waiting for a bus and took his watch and $9.


Defence counsel Tobia Ravuniwa has submitted bail applications for both today.


Police Prosecution had asked for 7 days to review the bail application but Suva Magistrate Shageeth Somaratne told the Prosecutor that he has until Friday to submit his response.


He also said that he will rule on the bail application on Monday.


Both men have remanded in custody and will appear in the High Court next Friday.


Stay tuned for the latest news on our radio stations

CFL radio frequencies
LIVE SCORES
Man City vs Aston Villa 3:00AM
Brighton vs Man United 3:00AM
Fulham vs Newcastle 3:00AM
Bula FC 0–1 South Island United Full Time
Bula FC 0–2 Auckland FC Full Time
Bula FC 0–2 South Melbourne FC Full Time
Chiefs vs Crusaders 7:05PM
Brumbies vs Waratahs 9:35PM
Moana Pasifika vs Reds 4:35PM
Raiders vs Dolphins 9:50PM
Bulldogs vs Storm 10:00PM
Dragons vs Warriors 7:30PM
vs
Fiji vs USA 8:00PM
Fiji vs Australia 12:51AM