News World-News

Trump sued for wrongful death on second anniversary of January 6 riot

Trump sued for wrongful death on second anniversary of January 6 riot
Photo:BBC

The partner of a US Capitol Police officer who died a day after the 6th January 2021 riot has sued Donald Trump for wrongful death.

The lawsuit filed on Thursday says Trump "intentionally riled up the crowd" that attacked Brian Sicknick.

Police have ramped up security on Capitol grounds on the second anniversary of the riots.

Hundreds have been convicted so far, but the FBI says there are more at large.

Federal police believe that more than 300 people who committed violent acts that day are yet to be identified.

Among them is a person responsible for planting pipe bombs outside the headquarters of the Republican and Democratic national committees the night before the riots.

On Wednesday, the FBI said it will offer US $500,000 to anyone with information that can help them catch the suspect.

The US Capitol riot erupted two years ago as Congress certified President Joe Biden's victory in the 2020 election.

Source: BBC

Stay tuned for the latest news on our radio stations

CFL radio frequencies
Scoreboard
9:50PM
Storm vs Panthers
8:00PM
Raiders vs Broncos
10:00PM
Dolphins vs Eels
Full Time
Fiji 22–29 South Africa
8:00am
Ratu Navula College vs Queen Victoria School
9:05am
Marist Brothers High School vs Ratu Kadavulevu School
11:30am
Suva Grammar School vs Queen Victoria School
Kadavu vs Malolo
Navosa vs Ba
Lautoka vs Rewa
Full Time
Suva 24–32 Nadi
Full Time
Tailevu 50–05 Nadroga
Full Time
Kadavu 48–0 Rewa
3:10AM
Springboks vs All Blacks
5:00AM
Lions vs All Blacks