News USA

Trump and Harris debate confirmed

Trump and Harris debate confirmed
Photo: Getty Images

U.S. Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump and Democratic opponent Kamala Harris will debate on September 11th on ABC, setting up the first face-to-face match-up between the rivals in what polls show is a close race.

In a news conference at his Palm Beach, Florida, residence, Trump says he wanted additional debates on September 5th and September 26th that would air on Fox and NBC.

Harris, in a post on X, says she was looking forward to the September 11th debate after Trump finally committed.

Trump previously suggested he might back out of the ABC debate, scheduled before Harris, the U.S. vice president, replaced President Joe Biden as the Democratic presidential candidate less than three weeks ago, upending the contest.

An Ipsos poll found Harris has widened her lead over Trump since late July.

She leads Trump 42 percent to 37 percent, compared with a July 22-23 Reuters/Ipsos survey that showed her up 37 percent to 34 percent over Trump.

Source: Reuters

Stay tuned for the latest news on our radio stations

CFL radio frequencies
Scoreboard
9:50PM
Storm vs Panthers
8:00PM
Raiders vs Broncos
10:00PM
Dolphins vs Eels
Full Time
Fiji 22–29 South Africa
Live
Suva Grammar School 19–7 Lelean Memorial School
Full Time
Ratu Navula College 22–17 Queen Victoria School
Full Time
Marist Brothers High School 15–17 Ratu Kadavulevu School
Kadavu vs Malolo
Navosa vs Ba
Lautoka vs Rewa
Full Time
Suva 24–32 Nadi
Full Time
Tailevu 50–05 Nadroga
Full Time
Kadavu 48–0 Rewa
3:10AM
Springboks vs All Blacks
5:00AM
Lions vs All Blacks