Sports Tennis

Nick Kyrgios won't compete at the US Open amid coronavirus concerns

Nick Kyrgios won't compete at the US Open amid coronavirus concerns
Australian pro Nick Kyrgios. [image: tennisnet]

Tennis star Nick Kyrgios has announced that he will not play at the upcoming US Open due to the coronavirus pandemic.

World No. 40 Kyrgios has been an outspoken critic of exhibition tournaments staged amid the pandemic, most notably the Adria Tour organized by Novak Djokovic.

In pulling out of the US Open, which is scheduled to begin in New York on August 31, he follows fellow Australian Ashleigh Barty, who said earlier this week she would not compete in what will be the second grand slam of the year.

Kyrgios says let us take a breath here and remember what is important, which is health and safety as a community.

[Source: CNN]

FNRL

Stay tuned for the latest news on our radio stations

CFL radio frequencies
Scoreboard
9:50PM
Storm vs Panthers
8:00PM
Raiders vs Broncos
10:00PM
Dolphins vs Eels
Full Time
Fiji 22–29 South Africa
Full Time
Ratu Navula College 22–17 Queen Victoria School
Full Time
Marist Brothers High School 15–17 Ratu Kadavulevu School
Full Time
Suva Grammar School 40–12 Queen Victoria School
Full Time - SENIOR
Nadi 19–19 Tailevu
Full Time
Suva 26–29 Naitasiri
Full Time
Kadavu 14–18 Malolo
Full Time
Suva 24–32 Nadi
Full Time
Tailevu 50–05 Nadroga
Full Time
Kadavu 48–0 Rewa
3:10AM
Springboks vs All Blacks
5:00AM
Lions vs All Blacks