A home in Matacaucau Village in Namalata, Tailevu, was destroyed by a fire yesterday.
The home belongs to a Methodist Church Minister, who was in Suva for the Church’s Annual General Meeting at Furnival Park, Toorak.
According to a villager, the home was occupied by the mission team, who was conducting their chain prayer.
He says around 1am yesterday when the team was still praying, they smelled the scent of kerosene from the Minister’s room.
He further says when the team went to check the Minister’s room, they were surprised to see that it was on fire.
He adds that no one was injured, but everyone was surprised.
The National Fire Authority and Police are investigating the matter.
Stay tuned for the latest news on our radio stations