Sports Boxing

McGregor returns to the octagon to fight against Michael Chandler

McGregor returns to the octagon to fight against Michael Chandler
[Image: Sportskeeda]

In a video posted on social media Conor McGregor announced that he will be returning to the octagon for a fight against Michael Chandler on June 29 in Las Vegas.

The 35-year-old McGregor, who has not fought in the octagon since 2021, appeared to be at a restaurant drinking a glass of wine in the video. He says the bout would be in the middleweight (185-pound) class.

He says his return will be the greatest comeback of all time for International Fight week as he previously holds UFC titles in the 145-pound and 155-pound classes. His last UFC match on July 10, 2021 was a TKO loss to Dustin Poirier after McGregor broke his leg.

McGregor and the 37-year-old Chandler have coached each other on the Ultimate Fighter television series.

Chandler in a response highlighted that he always wanted McGregor at his biggest, his baddest, and his best, and writes 185 would look good on him. McGregor also wishes everyone a happy New Year. 

Source: NZHerald

FNRL

Stay tuned for the latest news on our radio stations

CFL radio frequencies
Scoreboard
9:50PM
Storm vs Panthers
8:00PM
Raiders vs Broncos
10:00PM
Dolphins vs Eels
Full Time
Fiji 22–29 South Africa
Full Time
Ratu Navula College 22–17 Queen Victoria School
Full Time
Marist Brothers High School 15–17 Ratu Kadavulevu School
Full Time
Suva Grammar School 40–12 Queen Victoria School
Kadavu vs Malolo
Navosa vs Ba
Lautoka vs Rewa
Full Time
Suva 24–32 Nadi
Full Time
Tailevu 50–05 Nadroga
Full Time
Kadavu 48–0 Rewa
3:10AM
Springboks vs All Blacks
5:00AM
Lions vs All Blacks