News Court

Kunawave's actions were deliberate- prosecution

Prosecution's evidence is full of lies- Defence

Kunawave's actions were deliberate- prosecution
Tevita Kunawave escorted out of court.

High Court Judge, Justice Daniel Goundar will sum up the murder trial of a former soldier, Tevita Kunawave on Thursday.

26-year-old Kunawave is accused of killing his 4-month-old baby by allegedly throwing a concrete block through the window that hit the baby's forehead in October last year.

While making her submissions, state lawyer Elizabeth Rice says Kunawave deliberately intended to kill his wife by throwing the concrete block towards her but by chance it missed her and hit the baby.

Rice told the court that the evidence shows that Kunawave is guilty of what he has done which is why when he was charged he said it was not his intention to kill the baby.

While making their closing submission, defence lawyer, Thompson Lee told the three assessors that prosecutions evidence does not add up to the case as it is fabricated, full of lies and covers up the evidence from when the incident happened till the post mortem.

He admitted that Kunawave did assault his wife but he did not throw the concrete block inside the house intending to kill his wife or baby.

Lee says prosecutions logic in this case does not make sense.

Stay tuned for the latest news on our radio stations

CFL radio frequencies
Scoreboard
9:50PM
Storm vs Panthers
8:00PM
Raiders vs Broncos
10:00PM
Dolphins vs Eels
Full Time
Fiji 22–29 South Africa
Live
Suva Grammar School 19–7 Lelean Memorial School
Full Time
Ratu Navula College 22–17 Queen Victoria School
Full Time
Marist Brothers High School 15–17 Ratu Kadavulevu School
Kadavu vs Malolo
Navosa vs Ba
Lautoka vs Rewa
Full Time
Suva 24–32 Nadi
Full Time
Tailevu 50–05 Nadroga
Full Time
Kadavu 48–0 Rewa
3:10AM
Springboks vs All Blacks
5:00AM
Lions vs All Blacks