News World-News

Jacob Blake sends message to supporters from hospital

Jacob Blake sends message to supporters from hospital
Jacob Blake. [image: BBC]

Jacob Blake, the black man who was shot seven times by a white police officer in the US state of Wisconsin last month, has said that he is in constant pain in a video posted online.

Blake, whose family said that he may be paralysed from the waist down, also struck a hopeful note in that video, saying there was a lot more life to live.

The 29-year-old was shot in the back as he was being arrested.

The incident re-ignited protests over racism and police brutality in the US.

Some of the protests in Kenosha, the city where Blake was shot, turned violent, with two people killed.

An investigation into Blake's shooting continues.

Meanwhile, the 29-year-old appeared in court last Friday, pleading not guilty to criminal charges filed before the shooting.

[Source: BBC]

Stay tuned for the latest news on our radio stations

CFL radio frequencies
LIVE SCORES
Man City vs Aston Villa 3:00AM
Brighton vs Man United 3:00AM
Fulham vs Newcastle 3:00AM
Bula FC 0–1 South Island United Full Time
Bula FC 0–2 Auckland FC Full Time
Bula FC 0–2 South Melbourne FC Full Time
Chiefs 32–36 Crusaders Full Time
Brumbies 21–14 Waratahs Full Time
Moana Pasifika vs Reds 4:35PM
Raiders 22–30 Dolphins Full Time
Bulldogs 30–20 Storm Full Time
Dragons vs Warriors 7:30PM
vs
Fiji vs USA 8:00PM
Fiji vs Australia 12:51AM