Feature Court Feature

Former Post Fiji CEO’s sentencing moved to next Wednesday

Former Post Fiji CEO’s sentencing moved to next Wednesday
(L-R) Devanesh Sharma and former Post Fiji Limited CEO Anirudha Bansod

The sentencing of former Post Fiji Limited CEO Anirudha Bansod has been moved to next Wednesday.

Bansod appeared before Magistrate Yogesh Prasad this morning in the Suva Magistrates Court.

Magistrate Prasad says the most central argument in this sentencing between both parties is the issue of not declaring the conflict of interest.

He says the central issue of sentencing will lay upon the issue of conflict of interest.

Bansod had pleaded guilty to the amended charge of abuse of office last month.

FICAC had filed the amended charge in the Suva Magistrates Court on the 29th of May.

He was initially charged by the FICAC with one count of abuse of office and one count of general dishonesty causing a loss.

According to the charges, Bansod provided false confidentiality and conflict of interest declaration for the tender of the design, development and implementation of the Post Fiji Mobile Application in 2022.

Stay tuned for the latest news on our radio stations

CFL radio frequencies
LIVE SCORES
Man City vs Aston Villa 3:00AM
Brighton vs Man United 3:00AM
Fulham vs Newcastle 3:00AM
Bula FC 0–1 South Island United Full Time
Bula FC 0–2 Auckland FC Full Time
Bula FC 0–2 South Melbourne FC Full Time
Chiefs vs Crusaders 7:05PM
Brumbies vs Waratahs 9:35PM
Moana Pasifika vs Reds 4:35PM
Raiders 22–30 Dolphins Full Time
Bulldogs vs Storm 10:00PM
Dragons vs Warriors 7:30PM
vs
Fiji vs USA 8:00PM
Fiji vs Australia 12:51AM