A Cunningham family is still in shock and is pleading for assistance after a fire destroyed their home and belongings last night.
21-year-old Ana Maria Radininiulele says they were all fast asleep when the fire started and it was their grandmother that alerted them about the fire.
She says her grandmother was calling out for help when she noticed that the house was really hot, and that is when her uncle woke up and led them all to safety.
Radininiulele says she is thankful that her uncle was at home during the incident as her father was at work and it was her uncle who carried their grandmother, who could not walk, to safety.
She adds that the only items they saved was the clothes they are wearing.
The 21-year-old says the family is in need of any assistance from the public.
59-year-old Atunaisa Qerei says they are still waiting for the National Fire Authority to confirm what was the cause of the fire.
He says they are currently living with a relative in Cunningham.
If you would like to assist this family, you can contact Qerei on 8653058. You can get the contact on our website, fijivillage.
Stay tuned for the latest news on our radio stations