The Cunningham family that lost everything in a fire on Monday night is overwhelmed and grateful to the public for hearing their plea and assisting their family in their time of need.
59-year-old Atunaisa Qerei says help started coming in right after they asked for assistance on Tuesday.
He says help did not only come from their immediate families but also from good Samaritans from around Fiji and the world.
Qerei says some donated money through M-PAiSA from America.
He adds right now, he wants to rebuild his house so everything can get back to normal.
Qerei also highlighted that the National Fire Authority and Police have confirmed that the caused by an electrical fault.
The three-bedroom wooden house was destroyed at around 11pm Monday.
21-year-old Ana Maria Radininiulele says they were all fast asleep when the fire started and it was their grandmother that alerted them about the fire.
She says her grandmother was calling out for help when she noticed that the house was really hot, and that is when her uncle woke up and led them all to safety.
Radininiulele says she is thankful that her uncle was at home during the incident as her father was at work, and it was her uncle who carried their grandmother, who could not walk, to safety.
She adds that the only items they saved were the clothes they were wearing.
Stay tuned for the latest news on our radio stations