A family of 5 in Coqeloa, Labasa, are pleading for assistance from the public after a fire destroyed their 2 bedroom home around 8am today.
35-year-old Ranil Prasad says he was at work when the fire started, and his son woke up and informed their mother about the incident.
He says a man told him that the fire allegedly started from their metre box.
Prasad also says that their home was only built three months ago, with a total cost of $70,000.
He further says they will now be staying at their neighbour's home for some time.
The National Fire Authority has yet to comment on the incident.
Stay tuned for the latest news on our radio stations